Chapter 11

"What? Who doesn't like to be called that?" Zacharys excitement got the better of him. With a sigh I unlocked the handcuffs and took them off.

"Me" I stated, moving to help the others out of their locks. "Now here's the plan, I'll take down that guard while you guys sit still. Then I'll need Flint to open the lab doors" I begin to explain.

"Why Flint? Cant you open the doors?"

"The doors are locked and I'm assuming based on the fact that we were taken over that all the controls have been forwarded to the control room, meaning we can't control the locks from down here so I'll need Flint to break in."

"Got it" he nodded.

"I'll explain the rest after" with that I snuck behind the SUV and made my way around to where the stairs are. I looked back to my friends nervously as I neared the steps up to the catwalk. Emily gave me a smile and nod of encouragement while Flint nodded me along. I took in a deep breath before jumping up the stairs and fighting the guy. Before I could knock him out though he aimed his gun towards me. Raising my hands in defence I hoped that my teammate got the hint of his next corse of action. Flint stood to his feet with a rush and threw a rock towards the mans head. "Em toss me some handcuffs, Flint-" I start.

"Already on it" he cuts me off as they all jump up and follow orders. Emily tosses me a pair of handcuffs and I chain the man to the bar on the walkway.

"What now?" Zachary questioned as I joined them in the lab, rushing to the computer terminal and slamming my fist onto the desk.

"Damn it!" I shout with frustration.

"What?" Zachary looks to me with worry as I run a shaky hand through my long brown hair.

"They took it"

"Took what?"

"The drive!"

"Thea calm down, we can fix this but we need your help" Flint rests his hand on my shoulder making me look up at him.

"Right" I nodded, jumping back into focus. "We can sneak through the back stairs up to the main level, I bet that's where they are keeping May. There are about seven agents that we will need to fight. Sage you will unlock May from her handcuffs and Charlie you will keep her covered as she does so." I started to list off orders. "Flint, Emily you two worry about the agents, take out as many as you can" I place a storage of weapons onto the table for them to take.

"What about us?" Zachary voiced his question.

"I'm going to get that drive back and you are going to keep me covered, can you handle that?" I asked back with a sternness to my tone.

"Yes ma'am"

"Good, let's go" I grabbed a gun as Flint and Emily lead the way. We reached the top of the stairs and made note of the set up. I gave the team a nod before they all ran into the fight.

"Come on" Zachary ran beside me as I ducked and he shot at incoming soldiers. We had reached the control room and as I checked the room I noticed an agent holding the drive in his hand.

"Looking for this?" They taunted with a smirk.

"Thea?" Zachary joined up with me a moment later, covering my back. The agent looked around as his team was taken down by ours.

"If I can't have it no one can" he broke the drive and a second later a bullet went through his head. I gasped in fear, turning around to face Zachary behind me, gun raised and a stern look on his normally happy features.

"What did you do?" I panicked.

"I just saved you, your welcome"

"Oh my god" I gasped again as I faced the dead man only a few feet away. Emily rushed to my side immediately pulling me into a hug as tears fell from my green eyes.

—————————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of Zachary killing the bad guy?