Chapter 25

"Thea you are going to clean out the storage room today while the rest of you train" May ordered out on the Sunday morning we all stood in the command center. I was still being isolated from the rest of the team as I was a threat to their safety.

"Can I help her?" Zachary asked quickly.

"No"

"Alright" he sighed, following the others to the training room while I walked off to the storage room. I began to clean and sort through boxes for what seemed like hours before a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?"

I quickly sent a push of energy back at them, knocking them away. I turned around with panic to find Zachary groaning as he stood to his feet. "Ouch" he complained.

"Sorry but that's what you get for sneaking up on me" I told him, turning back to work. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be training?" I asked him, knowing there was no point in telling him to leave.

"Well I kinda snuck off to help you" he shrugged, joining me in sorting through the gadgets from past mission of the shield agents. "Wow, what's this?" He looked to a metal device while holding it up.

"That's the thing that brought you here" I warned him to be careful as he fiddled with it.

"What does it do though because it doesn't look like a time machine"

"It's made from the monoliths, it can warp time, space and reality" I explained, moving to take it from him as he pulled away.

"Come on we could have some fun with this" Zachary laughed, tossing it in his hands until it lit up and started to float like it had when we activated it the night they arrived.

"Zachary!" I scolded.

"I didn't do anything!" He claimed, raising his hands in defence for my wrath.

"We need to lock down the base, fast" I told him, running down the hall towards the control centre with panic.

"Are you going to tell the others?" He began to worry that he would get in trouble for sneaking out and messing with technology he didn't understand.

"No, I'm not going to tell them"

"Oh thank god" he sighed in relief.

"You are" I finished. "Every little detail"

"I hate you!" He called as I ran faster upon a shake rattling the lighthouse.

"I know" I smirked back before reaching May where she stood in the office.

"Zach? Thea? What's going on?" May asked sternly at our worry. I looked to Zachary to answer and he sighed before explaining.

"I may have left training to help Thea and messed around with a device that Thea says is dangerous" he acted like a child who was in trouble, because he was in a lot of trouble.

"What device?" May's stern voice turned to me as I began the lockdown process immediately while he was busy explaining.

"The monoliths" I stated urgently. "All agents report to the command center for a mission briefing!" I called over the speakers.

"What's up?" Flint questioned upon entering, sweaty from working out with the others.

"Whys the base going into lockdown?" Emily looked as the doors shut closed behind her.

"Zachary here has torn a hole open with the monoliths and we need to find a way to close it, fast" I explained the situation to the others.

"Well Thea, what are your orders?" May put me in charge of the situation.

"I need to get to my lab and find a way to close the tear. Zachary, and Emily, you two will escort me. Charlie, Flint and Sage you three are to secure the base, fight back against any anomaly and report it immediately when you find one. Finally May you will stay here and protect the command center, report any unusual activity." I pointed out to everyone as I shouted out the orders. "Now gear up fast and meet back in your desegnated locations" with that I ran out of the room towards the lab.

"Thea! Wait up!" Zachary chased after me.

"No, you need to go gear up" I argued.

"What about you?"

"I have some tools in the lab" I explained before I noticed something behind him appear. "Oh no" I sighed with worry. "Get down!" He dropped to the concrete ground and I fell beside him. As soon as the bullets ran out I scrambled to my feet and ran at the shooter who was another anomaly. I remembered the person as one of the fallen agents that had been a part of the massacre. I froze in my spot as I was about to attack them.

"Thea, let's go!" Zachary grabbed my arm and pulled me along with him. Suddenly I was pulled off to the side and pressed against a wall.

"This isn't the lab" I told him but was cut off by a finger pushed against my lip to silence me.

"They're gone" he checked the hall after a moment. "There should be some weapons stored in here" he began searching the closet for something to help us.

"This" I held up a slicer.

"What is that?" Zachary flinched back as I held it up proudly.

"It's a slicer, it will disintegrate anything it touches" I explained. "Now let's go" I urged, grabbing a handful of them. We raced back into the hallway to find Emily running around the corner. "Emily!" I waved her down.

"Go to the lab! Now!" She shouted. Zachary didn't need to hear anymore as he began to pull me away again.

"Emily what is it?" I asked, pulling out of his grip to stop and look at my best friend.

"I got this, just go!" She turned around to face a large green monster of sorts.

"Come on Thea" he urged gently as I shook my head and followed down the hallway to my lab.

"Lock the doors!" I ordered upon entry. I began to scramble around the familiar space. "Here" I tossed him a gun and he loaded it, standing at the ready to fight anything.

"Oh Thea" a soft and gentle voice sounded out from the back of the lab. A woman stepped into the light, dark brown hair falling past her shoulders, matching brown eyes staring into mine.

"Momma" I choked out, stepping closer slowly.

——————————————————
Question of the day: what do you think will happen next?

Sorry for not posting for a while, I've been busy writing other story's which will hopefully be out sooner rather than later. But I'm back and I'm going to finish this story!