Chapter 10

"Have you heard from Thea yet? she said she should have been done about an hour ago" Emily sat with the rest of the team upstairs in the dimly lit living area.

"No" the teens answered but one stayed silent.

"Zach?" Emily looked to him as he sat with his arms crossed and has been silent since returning from the lab.

"Like she'd talk to me" he grumbles.

"Get to Thea now" Emily instructs in a harsh whisper, watching as one of the men stood up and walked towards the back stairs.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it!" She whisper yells, focused on the agents sitting across the way from them. He stood up casually before making his way into the lab in a slight hurry. He reached the bottom of the stairs and looked into the glass door of the lab, watching as I peacefully continued to work in silence. A small smile formed on his face as he forgot the argument for earlier.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him when I noticed his presence.

"I was just told to come check on how the drive was coming" he shrugged, leaning against the doorway.

"Almost done, and finished" I announced proudly.

"Thea get down!" He shouted out as a man entered through the back of the lab without us noticing. I turned on my heel to see what was going on when a forceful fist plowed into my jaw.

"Ah!" I shouted in pain as my body doubled over. He jumped into the action, pushing me behind him as he took on the man.

"You okay?" He called back before taking a few hits himself.

"I will be" I told him. Soon his body had collapsed on the floor and I had sprung into the fight reluctantly. I fought back by throwing items at the man until a gun was aimed at my head.

"Thea no!" Zachary shouted as he tried to stand up again.

"Stay down or I shoot" the man threatened darkly. I waved at him to stay down and he slumped back to the floor with a sigh. That was the last thing I remembered before darkness took over.

"How are we going to get out of here?" I woke to Charlie's question.

"Hey hey, are you alright?" Zachary tried to help me to sit up as I came to beside him. All of us had our wrists and ankles tied as we sat in the dark cargo hold.

"I'm fine" I grumbled, sitting up on my own.

"Great, so how are we getting out of here?" Sage repeated the question.

"Why doesn't our scientist figure something out?" Zachary suggests.

"I don't have a plan." I tell them all as they grow disappointed.

"We could get out of this if we had the cavalry" Zachary claims in a mumble.

"Wait what did you just say?" I look to him with confusion and worry.

"Listen I know you don't like me but-"

"No I don't care about that. Where did you hear about the cavalry?" I question with intensity as Flint and Emily know where I'm going with this.

"Um we found some things, files about an agent called the cavalry but the files were almost empty other than a photo of her and some basic data" Charlie explained.

"Well that's not a bad plan" Emily speaks up about the plan of using the cavalry. I shoot her a glare as she said those words.

"But the cavalry isn't here she must be dead or not even alive yet, cause I haven't heard that name since we got here" Zachary tells us.

"That's because she doesn't like to be called that" Flint speaks up.

"What? Who doesn't like to be called that?" Zacharys excitement got the better of him. With a sigh I unlocked the handcuffs and took them off.

"Me"

———————————————
Question of the day: what do you think of May passing down the name of the Cavalry?