Scene 26 - Heroes

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...

We are now watching TV again. The reporter seen at the start of the story, Damien (the NTBS presenter), is sat on a dark blue sofa with a golden background with the NTBS logo in red behind him on the wall. We are looking as though we are watching the TV, suggested by the grey square around the edge of the screen. The reporter speaks confidently and clearly to the camera.

Presenter:

Well now, ladies and gentlemen, it is now time that we present to you our fantabulous guests tonight on our show. Now, these three people were involved in a disaster that would have sealed their fate once and for all if it were not for the brave and gallant acts of some of the world's greatest heroes. I am referring today to Mickeal here and his family. Please welcome, Mickeal, Val, and Alfie.

We hear a crowd clapping as we cut to a family on another dark blue sofa. We will cut to alternate shots of the presenter and the family.

Guys, it's a great privilege to have you on the show today.

Mickeal:

Well, thank you. And I think the time has come to tell you of our story behind the tragic disaster of the British Orbital Highway. My brother and his wife and young child had planned to go on holiday using the new road. But with the threat of the road present, he ignored my advice. And in spite of the attempts made to save their lives, they tragically passed away.

Presenter:

This is very strong and emotional of you to tell. Do go on if you so wish.

Mickeal:

So, by a strange twist of fate, my mind was taken over by the strange force that was responsible for the death of my brother and his family. I was made to drive with my beautiful wife and son along to the same area where my brother and his folks passed away. In the exact same situation as theirs, we were hanging on a bridge with the foundations crippled and death inevitable. However, thanks to the selfless and incredible acts made by such dedicated men that we are alive today. I would just like to say out loud, although I have already told them personally, International Rescue, thank you. Thank you for saving every man, woman and child you have spared on this earth. You men should be delighted with yourselves. We need you. The world needs you today. In a time where we rely so heavily on technology, disasters are ever so more frequent and tragic.

The audience begins clapping and cheering loudly and praising his words.

And so, with your organization, it is so we can help save as many lives as we can. I also have something to say to the force that killed my brother and his family. This planet is defended. Your war-like ways of death and destruction that harm so many lives you will pay for. You fail to consider the consequences of your own actions, and that you should be ashamed of. But mark my words, when you next strike, the world will be waiting. We will not give in or give up at any costs – not any man, not any woman, and not any child. And we will never, ever surrender!

The television is turned off, and we're in the Tracy lounge, with the entire family, except of course John, Penelope and Parker, gathered together watching the broadcast.

Virgil:

Some strong words there.

Jeff:

Yes. But after what happened to his brother's family, who could blame him?

Scott:

The Mysterons would have been watching that transmission though, dad. They would have heard every word of it.

Jeff:

Quite right, Scott. But they know that we aren't going to surrender to them that easily.

Alan:

If something isn't done to try and stop this war, many more innocent lives are going to be lost. And we're the ones who have to try and save them.

Virgil:

Well, we do our best Alan. But our job isn't made any easier.

Tintin:

And also the fact that dangerous risks like the Orbital Highway are left at risk to the threat of the Mysterons.

Jeff:

Well, that's left up to the people who run our planet, Tintin. The World President wanted the highway to close but it wasn't for some reason. And then it led to the death of the poor family. But that wasn't our making or inability to rescue them. The people who run our planet too much concerned with their own lives, and their corruption and greed. And it is those deadly sins that make this planet worse.

Alan:

Gee dad. That's almost exactly what Colonel White was saying aboard Cloudbase.

Jeff:

I see what you mean, Alan. Now I've said this before and I'll say it again, their job is to help tackle this invisible force from Mars. We at International Rescue strive to secure the best quality of life available and to help those in need. On no account are we to become directly involved in the affairs of this interplanetary war.

Tintin:

The only reason why Lady Penelope was involved in the pursuit of that Submarine was that one of our enemy agents was aboard with them.

Jeff:

Yes, Tintin. But our objectives to save lives in danger will never change. And it seems as though we may not have heard the last of the Mysterons, nor our organization clearing up the mess of the destruction they leave in their wake...

End.

(Thunderbirds End Credits)

(Captain Scarlet End Credits)

# CAPTAIN SCARLET -

HE'S THE ONE WHO KNOWS THE MYSTERON GAME, AND THINGS THEY PLAN

CAPTAIN SCARLET -

TO HIS MARTIAN FOES A DANGEROUS NAME, A SUPERMAN

THEY CRASH HIM, AND HIS BODY MAY BURN, THEY SMASH HIM, BUT THEY KNOW HE'LL RETURN, TO LIVE AGAIN

CAPTAIN SCARLET -

AS THE ANGELS ARE FLYING WING TO WING, INTO THE SCENE

SPECTRUM IS GREEN!

CAPTAIN SCARLET -

THOUGH THE MYSTERONS PLAN TO CONQUER THE EARTH, THIS INDESTRUCTIBLE MAN WILL SHOW WHAT HE'S WORTH

CAPTAIN SCARLET - INDESTRUCTIBLE CAPTAIN SCARLET! #

🎉 Thunderbirds/Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons: The Evil Of The Mysterons hikayesini okumayı bitirdin 🎉