Scene 1 - British Orbital Highway

(Century 21 sting)

5...4...3...2...1!

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!

(Thunderbirds Opening Titles)

The bottom of the screen flashes up in white "January 2069".We begin with a long stretch of a highway reaching far into the misty distance. Six lanes have been constructed for each running side, combined with a hard shoulder, and a thick central reservation separating the lanes. This carriageway stands high from sea level with huge steel legs supporting the load, and with even thicker foundations supporting the bridge up from the ocean floor. Main cables and suspenders are in tension, as similarly used in the Allington Bridge from Day Of Disaster. The lights are lit up throughout this section of the carriageway in the murky weather. For now, the road remains unopen to the public. This is because it has now been fully constructed and approved as safe to flow traffic along. After a magnificent view of watching the highway from above and seeing the road far ahead. Alongside it, we see two Monorail tracks that are designed similarly with massive stocky legs that run parallel to the motorway on, from the view we see it, to the left.

We also view special tall white fans placed some way away from the carriageway and track. These are powered by hydroelectricity and are slim and designed like cylinders. One quatre of the way up sees two boards on each side blowing clean air onto the British Orbital Highway. The top comes around to meet together and we see a small control centre located there. Meanwhile, we see an aircraft beginning to fly to the left of the screen and begin approaching the road. This Helijet, one often seen in episodes such as Pit Of Peril or City Of Fire, has begun to make its approach. We do not see inside the cabin but in the main body of the ship. A news presenter hosts the showing of the opening of the British Orbital Highway. Damien, the presenter, stands beside the opened viewing hatch filming live the carriageway with a microphone in his hand. His cameraman is using an "NTBS" camera. Also, Brains is aboard with the presenter, standing against the wall next to him and out of the way of the presenter and the view. A man dressed in a navy blue suit stands next to Brains. Smartly dressed, he wears a happy facial expression as the filming takes place.

Presenter:

And now ladies and gentlemen, here we are, the moment that you have all been waiting for. The British Orbital Highway. Open to the public in a few short hours, it has taken forty-five years of engineering feat to produce a magnificent highway around the entirety of the United Kingdom. Each major city along the coast has its spur road that leads some miles out to the motorway, and a train line flowing parallel alongside it.

The Helijet descends to view far more closely to the track.

The scheme was devised back in 2024 when a superhighway should interlink the entirety of the country to allow faster means of transport. Now, forty-five years later, this motorway can now give you a direct route from Exeter all the way to Blackpool! And via a high-speed Monorail, you can be there within just over an hour! The scheduling of timetables to your favourite holiday destinations will allow a luxurious trip that is fast and comfortable!

The camera views the track and dual carriageway carefully.

It's a wonderful sight here today, folks. The Orbital Motorway can now stand tall and proud among the North-South Superhighway constructed back in the early 2020s - at a time when the Orbital Highway had been approved and passed down by the government. Perhaps our two most special organizers of the event would like to say a few words to the viewers of the world about the construction of the Orbital Highway. Mr. Hackenbacker?

Brains:

Hmm? Oh yeah, that's err... me.

We now view Brains being interviewed from a screen. It's the television in the lounge, all except for Kyrano and Grandma. The Tracy family are gathered around watching the opening with Brains. Jeff is sat at his desk, Alan is sat on the desk, whilst the others are stood up.