Scene 9 - Spectrum Involvement?

We are back at Cloudbase, watching from an exterior shot of the massive base. In the Amber Room, the Angels continue watching the broadcast. Destiny stands up.

Destiny:

Ugh. I fear that the Mysterons are up to something. Melody, we should stand by in the Angels.

Melody:

S.I.G. Destiny.

At Colonel White's desk, the Captains are all around the revolving desk.

Colonel White:

As of now gentlemen, we are highly suspicious of the Mysteron threat being linked to the disaster of the British Orbital Highway. Captain Scarlet's unique abilities have also been tested once again. It now appears that he has the ability to detect the presence of Mysterons, even via monitors and screens. This is indeed another fascinating discovery. But for the moment, the security for the Highway is now undergoing extensive searches for any detection of Mysteron activity with regards to the bridge.

Lieutenant Green:

Call coming from the Orbital Highway surveyance department.

Colonel White:

S.I.G. Lieutenant. Put them through.

Lieutenant Green:

Yes sir.

The white light flashes up again on the Colonel's desk. We will see alternating shots of Colonel White and one of the control centres operating the fans. We see two men working inside the fan that is beside the crumbling car: the Controller and the Monitor. In the quadrilateral box with glass windows, the front is where we see the road ahead and the crumbling leg. To the left and right is simply where the window space is. The Controller stands to the left with small silver and brown radio in his hand. The right side features an entrance that leads to a helicopter podium that can collect the workers. Towards the back of the work unit is a massive dark grey control console built into the ground, operated by the Monitor. It takes up half the space of the back, but still leaves the Monitor enough room to see on the bridge itself. The panels are marked with the usual buttons, lights, levers, switches, and monitors, decorated from small pieces of LEGO, toothpaste caps etc (as they originally were).

Colonel White:

This is Spectrum Headquarters Cloudbase. Come in British Orbital Highway.

Controller:

Colonel White. It seems you were right. We do have suspect footage of the Mysterons affecting the bridge's infrastructure.

Monitor:

I have sent the footage to Spectrum Headquarters sir. It will be going through processing and security clearance.

Controller:

Did you get that, Colonel?

Colonel White:

Thank you, Controller.

Lieutenant Green:

I have it here sir. I will display it on the screen for you.

Colonel White:

Thank you, Lieutenant.

The Colonel has rotated around as the screen begins to display the video footage. We are watching the bridge before the Mysteron rings appear for a little while, and then disappear.

Captain Grey:

It's incredible. To see the Mysterons actually control and bend matter.

The footage then cuts to a little while later, as we see the footage of the legs of the bridge beginning to cripple and begin to break.

Captain Ochre:

And this must be the bridge about to fall.

The footage stops, and Colonel White spins around to face his men.

Colonel White:

Right. That settles it then. It appears that the Mysterons have already begun their attack. I must therefore conclude that this operation is now to be taken into the hands of Spectrum. Lieutenant Green, launch all the Angels immediately!

Lieutenant Green:

Angel One, immediate launch!

Harmony:

Spectrum Is Green!

The stock footage begins again. The Angel Interceptor blasts off! KABOOM! Blasting along the runway, Harmony's aircraft flies off Cloudbase.

Lieutenant Green:

Angels Two and Three, immediate launch!

Melody and Destiny are sat in their seats when the doors close, and they are lifted upwards. We see them being raised into their Angels. Once inside, the legs that brought them up into their crafts is lowered, and then they are ready to launch. KABOOM! KABOOM! Both Angels take off and magnificently catapult themselves from Cloudbase.

All Angels skyborne, sir.

Colonel White:

Good, Lieutenant. Tell the Angels to fly at speed ultimate to the danger zone.

Captain Scarlet:

And us, Colonel?

Colonel White:

I fear that the Spectrum Angels are the only craft that can reach the danger area in time. They will be sufficient in combating any Mysteron threat that they come across. But I think that the rescue of the trapped car will be left to more adequate services of rescue...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...