Scene 24 - Booster Mortar

Thunderbird 2 now hurries to the left of the screen again in the familiar stock footage. Virgil is in communication with Scott, John, and base. We will cut to the interiors of the Thunderbirds, Jeff at his desk, and the photos displaying John, Scott, and Virgil's footage.

Virgil:

Alan, Brains, you'd better stand by in the pod. When we land, we need to get the Booster Mortar straight out.

Alan/Brains:

F.A.B.

Virgil:

Father, Brains and Alan are standing by. When I unload the pod, they will head straight out.

Jeff:

F.A.B. son.

Scott:

Is there anything else I could do father? Otherwise, I'll just be sitting here watching the bridge's legs worsen and possible collapse altogether.

Jeff:

There's nothing else you can do son. John up in the satellite has eyes down there like a hawk. If there was a safe means of rescue, you would have been onto it by now.

John:

There's still no change Scott. With say your grapple, the weight of your craft and its magnetic clamps might upset the balance. With three small metal containers weighing only several stones, it should be fine.

Virgil:

Father, I'm coming in now.

Thunderbird 1 hovers in the sky as we see the crumbling legs still worsening. Thunderbird 2 flies overhead and slowly flies around to the toll booth. The craft turns around slowly before its jets fire. KABOOM! Thunderbird 2 has carefully landed downwards. Virgil activates the function selection control, the white lever to his right as the craft elevates up slowly revealing Pod 3. The flap is opened as the Booster Mortar, aka Thunderizer. It quickly wheels out from the pod with Alan driving and Brains hanging onto the left-hand side of the vehicle.

Alan:

This baby should do the trick. With its powerful projectile cannon that fires small items at specific targets, the escape harness pod is just what we need.

Brains:

And a-a range of 1,000 f-feet, the c-craft is only 7 feet and 3 i-inches tall, 14 f-feet long, and a w-w-width of only 5 feet and 6 i-inches. Now I know how it feels to f-feel the wind on my f-face at 40MPH.

The craft halts when it reaches as close and as safe as can be.

Ok Alan. That should do.

Alan:

F.A.B. Nothing can go wrong this time.

KABOOM! KAPOW! KABANG! The two legs are about to go! Alan uses the onboard computer to calculate the distance and height needed to match with great accuracy. He uses data from pressure, temperature, and wind speed sensors. The family watch as their area shakes erratically.

Brains:

You might as well fire at a flat a-angle, Alan.

Alan:

F.A.B! Here goes!

KABOOM! It fires and smashes the window of the car! The kid screams as the father collects the escape harness pod. He reads the "International Rescue Low Altitude Escape Harness" mark.

Val:

What is this, honey?

opens one of them, finding the jet pack that controls the direction of travel, gravity field generator, and harness to fit around the shoulders and waists.

Mickeal:

They're jetpacks we can use to get out of here. Quick, put one on Alfie. She's going to go any second!

The craft reverses back to the end of the carriageway. Scott in Thunderbird 1 observes from his opened starboard observation window.

Scott:

Come on! Come on!

CRASH! KABOOM! CRASH! POW! The family hurried out of the car.

Alfie:

How do we start it up!

Mickeal:

Like this.

He pulls the yellow section of his son's jetpack and sends him launching into the air. KABOOM! KABOOM! The first leg is utterly destroyed. The wife pulls hers and is launched into the air. KABOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! The other leg disintegrates! KABOOM! KABOOM!

Scott:

Come on! Get out of there, FAST!

KABOOM! The man pulls the tug and soars into the air just in time before the entire bridge's foundations are obliterated. KABOOM! KABOOM! KAROAR! The bridge topples into the sea with debris collapsing and falling. CRASH! CRASH! SPLASH! SPLASH! SPLASH! That section of the bridge entirely disintegrates. Now, we watch the three family members float to the ground beside Thunderbird 2 safely. Scott holds a thin silver radio in his hand.

Nice job here today you guys. Well done!

The family have touched the ground, and now are being helped by the police force taking care of them now they have been safely rescued...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...