Scene 22 - Mobilise

We watch the crumbling legs of the bridge again, before seeing the SPV race down a dual carriageway. We see Scarlet's radio has swung down.

Captain Scarlet:

We'll be arriving in fifteen minutes now.

Captain Blue:

Can't she go any faster?

Captain Scarlet:

We're already at modified maximum speed now, Adam. 250MPH. Captain Ochre, what is your estimated time of arrival?

The Hovercraft speeds along the river Hull heading to the right of the screen, before cutting to Ochre with his radio swung down. We will cut to the interior of the Hovercraft and Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle.

Captain Ochre:

Captain Scarlet, I will be arriving in just under twenty minutes.

Captain Scarlet:

S.I.G. We'll be arriving just before you do.

Captain Ochre:

It's a good thing the Hovercraft is used in coastal areas, aquatic, semi-aquatic zones and rough, the Amazon Rainforest, the Louisiana bayou, and other inhospitable terrains such as this. Now I can provide a fast and efficient means of transportation with a top speed of 100MPH. Considering she weighs 4.5 tons, has a width of twenty-three feet and a length of fifty feet, that's pretty good going.

Captain Blue:

And in areas such as deserts like North Africa. A fleet is stored and used extensively in places like Koala Base, as Paul and I have experienced.

Captain Scarlet:

Yes, Adam. They're constructed from a fleetonium alloy and powered by a neutron generator serving a compressor turbine, built by Universal Engineering Incorporated in Sydney. But like an SPV, there always seem to be a Hovercraft around when we need one.

Captain Ochre:

Good thing too. These babies were originally designed for the World Army Air Force, and larger models of these things were turned down. Our chief design officer Captain Viridian, impressed with the results of the UEI's work, saw it as a perfect addition to part of our fleet of vehicles. And keeping the temperature of these things under control is difficult enough as it is.

Captain Blue:

The forward thrust is provided by twin compressor turbines mounted beneath the tailplane and can be used as a rudder. With tools, facilities, protective clothing in the back, supplies can last for days.

Captain Scarlet:

And our old friend Koala Base is the perfect place for the testing of the Hovercrafts.

We now see the SPV rush off down the highway, followed by the Hovercraft sprinting along the water – both travelling at maximum speed. FAB 1 has approached the entrance of the spur road and stops beside it.

Parker:

Now, m'lady?

Penelope:

Now, Parker.

The car begins accelerating up onto the dual carriageway, and the family see the car heading towards them.

Val:

What on earth are they doing?

FAB 1 smashes off the side of the highway and crashes into the ocean. SPLASH!