Scene 19 - The Hood's Bombs

We have cut back to the view of the Malaysian temple – the Hood's domain. We now cut to the interior of the temple and see the Hood and Captain Black continue their discussion that will lead to destructive consequences. Black still holds the gun at the Hood.

Captain Black:

SPECTRUM HAVE MOBILISED THEIR FORCES TO CONVENE AT THE SPUR ROAD! THE TIME HAS COME FOR OUR FINAL MOVE!

Hood:

Good. Now, we need to move even more swiftly if we are to catch them up.

Captain Black:

CORRECT!

Hood:

But remember what we have arranged, I require the secrets of International Rescue followed by their destruction for the end of Spectrum!

Captain Black:

WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN! PREPARE FOR DEMATERIALISATION, EARTHMAN!

We see the Hood and Black vanish into thin air from the temple. They are now beginning to rematerialize in a new location. They are in some wooded area that overlooks from a little way away from the remains of the spur road of the British Orbital Highway. They turn to look at it. The section that was destroyed by the Mysterons remains missing.

Hood:

We've moved.

Captain Black:

SILENCE! YOU ARE GOING TO SABOTAGE THAT BRIDGE!

Hood:

How without any weapons?

A shotgun materializes beside the Hood's feet. He picks it up.

Captain Black:

YOU WILL FIRE THE STICKER BOMBS INSIDE THAT GUN AT THE LEGS OF THE FOUNDATIONS TO THE LEFT OF THE MISSING SECTION! WHEN YOU SEE A BLACK SALOON DRIVING ALONG THE SPUR ROAD, SHOOT AT THE LEGS OF THE BRIDGE! THE BOMBS WILL THEN DETONATE!

The black saloon driving Mickeal, Val and Alfie are approaching the toll. We see them speeding down the road, before cutting into the inside. The wife sitting next to her husband holds his arm nervously.

Val:

Honey, why are you taking us to the crash site? You're not well Mickeal. You're going way too fast, we'll get a fine, or crash!

He remains silent, still under Mysteron control. He is speeding towards the toll booth with no intention of slowing down.

Honey, stop! STOP!

She tries to pull the handbrake, but he smacks her.

Alfie:

Daddy! STOP!

Booth Operator:

Hey! Hey! He's not going to stop! Get more men out here!

The car accelerates faster! Armed police guards stand by the booth and raise their arms out to stop him.

It's too late. We can't stop him!

Mickeal continues driving with the body language of a zombie. Police cars quickly rush from behind the booth to create a roadblock. The car is about to crash! The man jumps out of the way, as the black saloon zooms through the roadblock and breaking the gate. CRASH! Policemen shoot at the car hoping to stop it!

He's suicidal! He's gonna kill everyone in that car, including himself!

The car zooms onto the highway as the child screams to stop his dad. The Hood and Black have seen the car onto the spur road now.

Hood:

Excellent!

The Hood takes aim at the foundation that is closest to the moving car on its left. BAM! It hits the bridge! KABOOM! POW! POW! BANG! The child screams as the mother wrestles with her possessed husband. The car is skidding out of control! The Hood fires again, this time at the foundation that is closest to the car on the right. BAM! KABOOM! The rest of the spur road crumbles, and collapses, leaving no through way now. BANG! POW! KABANG! KAPOW! The car crashes to the hard shoulder again, as the foundations are supported only very slightly. They have lit on fire and are crumbling rapidly. CRASH! CRASH! POW! The Angels have begun to fly over.

Harmony:

Angel Leader to Cloudbase, the Mysterons have already struck! A car is on the spur road and is in almost the exact same situation as the earlier.

POW! KABOOM! BANG! The father is now no longer under Mysteron control. He wakes up confused about his situation.

Mickeal:

What...what are we doing here?

Val:

What have you done?! You've crashed us on the highway, and now the foundations have exploded and we're balancing on the bridge like your brother was!

Mickeal:

What?

POW! KABANG! KABOOM! Scott aboard Cloudbase has begun communicating to John through his watch again.

Scott:

Scott calling Thunderbird 5, John what's happened?

John:

A car has just driven straight through police borders, Scott. And then the foundations between where the car was has been struck.

Scott:

It's exactly the same thing that happened before. Did you get that Colonel?

Colonel White:

I heard. The Angels are now at the danger zone, and I expect that the Captains will be arriving shortly. But it seems as though the Mysterons have now struck. Lieutenant Green, I want all Spectrum vehicles to begin searching for Mysteron activity.

Lieutenant Green:

S.I.G. Colonel.

Brains:

I would ass-ssume that all Spectrum vehicles have been f-fitted with Mysteron detectors that will h-help to track any Mysterons.

Colonel White:

Correct, Brains.

Virgil:

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get over there.

Alan:

F.A.B. See you in Thunderbird.

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...