Scene 17 - My Brother

We are watching the flat of the Mysteron victim's brother; Mickeal and his wife Val, and son Alfie. Looking at the flat, it has virtually unchanged. We see the mother and son by the entrance of the living room as they turn to each other knowing the terrible feeling of Mickeal. The mother enters a little way inside.

Val:

Honey? Honey?

Mickeal is sat on the sofa with his hands in his head, suffering the agony of what has happened to his brother.

Alfie:

Daddy? Daddy, are you ok?

They approach up him, and we see the devastated face of a broken man.

Mickeal:

Oh, son. Hmph. Well, your daddy is a little upset about what happened to your uncle. I guess you never really knew your uncle, auntie and cousin all that well.

Val:

Well, Mickeal, we think that we need to give you one big hug.

Mickeal:

Yeah, yeah. But that isn't going to bring them back now. I told them. I told them! I tried to convince him not to go, and he wouldn't listen. And then he and his lovely family died in such a horrible way. Don't you see, I have to be the one who has to live with the consequences of their stupid decisions!

Alfie:

Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. You tried to convince them.

Mickeal:

I know. Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be cross with you two. I knew this day would eventually have to come, Alfie, but your uncle and I never really saw eye to eye. I was always out trying to convince him to see better and trying not to lead him astray as he so often did. But his strong-willed character never allowed me to try and tell him what he was really doing...

We see him look at Val and Alfie who smile at him in attempting to make him feel better. However, behind them, we see the two Mysteron rings sliding against the wall. They begin flashing and pulsating, as Mickeal begins tiring as his eyes become heavier. The Mysterons were hypnotizing him! He then sits neutrally as he is now forced under their control.

Val:

Honey? Honey, you seem like you've seen a ghost.

Alfie:

Daddy? Daddy, what is it?

The man is fully under Mysteron influence, yet still alive. He seems more rigid, and creepier to his family who looks at him with suspicion and fear. The Mysteron rings slide away to vanish...

Val:

I'm going to call for a doctor. Your father is not well, Alfie.

Mickeal:

Stop!

Val:

Now look, honey, you're...

Mickeal:

I said stop!

The mother and son are frightened by their father.

Get in the car.

Val:

But...

Mickeal:

I said get in the car!

Val and Alfie continue to feel afraid, and they obey their father by heading out. We are left to see the face of Mickeal, now under the influence of the Mysterons – they were well underway of fulfilling their latest threat...

DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM DUN DUM...