𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

I woke up the next morning with a smile on my face. Spending all last night with Jean was the most fun I had in what felt like forever, and even though we just talked the majority of the time, it was still very enjoyable. We just sat under the stars the entire time, relaxing in each other's presence; and being up there with him was a great distraction from the dreams I've been having, so I was just really grateful for him at that moment.

I sat up in bed and looked across the small room to see Sasha still sleeping, a line of drool trailing down the side of her face. I shook my head in amusement and got up to get dressed and ready for the day.

Since it was Sunday, and there was no training, I would go spend my morning with Levi like always, drinking tea and making small talk while he goes through the rigorous amount of paperwork he has to complete every week.

Whether or not the short captain even wanted me there, I really didn't care; Levi was the only person that I was truly familiar with, so it was always nice to catch up with him whenever I had the time to.

And to be honest, I think he kind of liked our time together. I even got him to admit his feelings for Commander Erwin one time when he accidentally downed a bottle of alcohol, thinking it was his tea.

Yeah, that day was pretty fun.

Closing the door to Sasha and I's shared dorm room, I headed down the halls and up the stairs to the higher-ups' rooms and offices. I walked down the hall with a skip in my step, happy to spend time with the person who I've come to see as my brother and parental figure over the past few weeks.

I was a few doors away from Levis when it opened, and without thinking, I quickly hid behind the corner to the hallway, not really caring how suspicious it would be given no one was up yet. My hands placed themselves on the smooth stone surface of the walls as I peered around the corner.

My eyes widened when I beheld the sight of Commander Erwin Smith fixing his bolo tie around his neck and smoothing down his dress shirt with his one hand. No fucking way...

I held my breath when the commander made his way down the hall, making sure my presence was concealed under the shades of the halls. As the blonde-haired man passed me, I saw reddish marks on his neck and above the collar of his shirt.

I placed my hands over my mouth to muffle the startled laugh that came out of my body at the sight. This...

This was too good!

A mischievous smirk placed itself onto my face as I watched Commander Erwin disappear at the end of the hallway. My feet echoed in the empty corridor and I stopped quietly in front of Levi's door.

I knocked twice then went in, not bothering to state my name in the business that he always asks everyone to say. As I went into the scarily tidy room, I saw Levi sitting at his desk, looking out at the window with a faraway expression, but as my presence became known in the room, he quickly glanced at me with a dissatisfied look.

"You're early," he said in his stoic voice. I shrugged with a smile, containing it from tilting up into a smirk, and took a seat in front of his desk.

"The tea's already here," I stated when I saw the platter of two teacups, along with a cup of sugar and milk, on the captain's desk.

Levi nodded, his attention never leaving his paperwork. "Erwin came to drop it off."

I hummed in response, picking up the teacup carefully, holding it the way Levi taught me to so I wouldn't drop it and break it.

"Is that the only thing he came here to do?" I asked, hiding my smile while sipping my tea. I hear Levi's pen stop writing on his paper for a moment, but then a second later it picks up again.