𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"And then he said he'd wait for me then pulled away! What does that even mean?! Does he like me- Was he just teasing me?!" I waited expectantly for Levi's answer as he took a drink from his tea I got him minutes earlier. He just sat there, looking at me with a blank, yet exasperated expression.

"Do I look like a fucking busybody? Don't you have some other brat to tell this to," he asks dryly, taking another sip from his teacup as he laid back in his chair, his paperwork, momentarily forgotten, by his side.

I let out a vexed groan, throwing my hands up in the air, seated in one of Levi's chairs in front of his desk. "No! I can't tell the others or else they'll just laugh at me or tease me! And I obviously can't tell Uncle Miche. Hanji too- we both know they can't keep a secret for the life of them," I huff out.

"I still don't know what I'm supposed to say," Levi says from in front of me, the light from his window shining through the panes of the glass.

"Tell me what I'm supposed to do!" I basically yell out.

"First of all, calm the fuck down. It's too early for your dramatics." I frown at the black-haired captain and sit back down in my seat, my arms crossing over my chest. "Second of all," he continues, "do you even like this John-"

"It's Jean," I interrupt.

Levi gives me a look. "Does it look like I give a damn. So, do you even like this kid?"

I falter for a moment. My heart beats louder in my chest at his question and I feel my cheeks heat up. My eyes widen in panic as I look up at Levi. "I don't know! Levi, do I like him?!" I say loudly, running up to the captain as I grip onto his arm, shaking him back and forth.

He just stays in the same position, his eyes looking dead like he was already fed up with my shit.

"Levi! Levi, answer! Do I like him?!" I say again, tugging back and forth on his arm.

"For fucks sake," he mutters, placing his tea up and down on his desk with his free hand. He whips his arm out of my grip and places both of my own by my sides once again. "Fuck this shit..." he trails off then looks up at my still standing position.

"How do you feel when you're around him?"

"What kind of questions is that?"

"What- Just answer the damn question!" Levi seethes out, his eyes narrowing up at me.

"Well, I don't know, I feel happy. He always gets me in a good mood, even if I'm just cursing at him the whole time." Levi just nods, but it looks like he honestly just wants the ground to swallow him up right here and now.

"Okay, how do you two act around each other?" He questions again, turning in his chair to go back to his work, half of his attention on me and half on his reports. I take a seat across from him again, my back hitting the soft wood to the chair.

"We mostly just goof around. But there are times where we both just relax in each other's presence, ya' know? And he holds my hand a lot, it makes me feel nice inside- makes me feel warm." I continue to spill out my thoughts of Jean shamelessly in front of the man I would call one of my mentors. It didn't feel awkward at all as Levi just listened, inputting a random sarcastic comment every once in a while, while I just talked.

I go back to yesterday and how Jean checked on me while I was sick, finishing up my small report on the ash-brown-haired boy when Levi speaks up again.

He doesn't look up from his work as he talks. "Yeah, you love the guy."

"Huh?"

"You love him."