𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

It's been almost a week since Jean had said he and I were "inevitable," yet, neither one of us had confronted each other to say how we both really felt. Also in the short time that has passed, I began to notice Evander's weird gazes.

Now that I was thinking about it, he would always glare at Jean whenever he and I were together, but I always brushed it off like it was nothing. I thought Evander was some normal random boy: always kind and seen with a smile, but I wasn't so sure anymore.

Today, we were planning to do a regular training drill with our ODM gear. Half of us would maneuver on the gear, trying to take out as many cut-out titans as possible, while the others would rotate them once we came by.

"So then I asked what was in his hand and he full-on shoved me out of the room!" Connie said next to me while we walked to our training spot everyone would gather around in a few minutes. His hands were thrown up in the air, and his yellowy eyes were wide in amusement.

I laughed next to Connie, my arms clutching at my sides. I wiped a tear from my eye, catching my breath. "No fucking way!"

"Yes! It was down to your hairstyle and everything! Forget about Evander, I think you have to worry about Jean!" Connie says. I chuckle again as Connie retells the story of how he caught Jean drawing a portrait of me last night in their shared dorm room after dinner.

"Oh, shut up," Jean grumbled out from beside us, whacking Connie on the backside of his head, his cheeks blazing in color.

I poke Jean in the shoulder, a wide smile coming onto my face. "Don't be embarrassed Jeannie, I find it quite cute that you drew me," I say, looking towards him.

My words seem to affect him because the next thing you know he had his arm slung around my shoulders, his face coming dangerously close to mine.

"Oh really, is that so?" He whispers out huskily.

Connie whacks him in the side with a deadpan face. "Can you two please not flirt in front of me."

"We're not flirting."

"You're just jealous cuz you're single," Jean says with a taunting smirk.

"Jean, we're not even dating," I say, rolling my eyes as Jean and Connie begin to fight. Jean's head slowly turns to me.

"Not yet, we aren't," he replies with a wink.

Blood immediately rushes to my face and I turn my head away, concealing the smile threatening to break out. Luckily, we arrived at the gear shed just in time, providing a great distraction from Jean's words- though I bump into Evander once I round the corner.

I rub my head that knocked into his shoulder. "Oh, sorry, Evander," I say with a chuckle.

He just stares down at me with a smile. "No problem," his eyes go behind me and narrow into slits. His mouth tilts into an almost-smirk.

"Good luck today," he says, looking back down at me with a normal face.

I turn and watch him leave, confused as he just went down. "Yeah, you too," I whisper out, Evander already too far away to have heard me.

"What did he want?" Jean says, coming up to stand by me, Connie right by his side.

"I dunno," I say. Jean looks back at me with a concerned, but agitated look on his face.

I sigh, breaking the silence while tugging on both of the boys' arms.

"Don't worry about that and let's just go get ready," I say, turning to both of them with a growing smirk. "I want us to get there early so I can leave both of your asses in the dust during the drill."