𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

So it turns out Eren was a titan... And we were minutes away from taking back Trost with Armin's plan.

Long story short, after killing a lot of titans, Eren popped right on out of the nape to his own titan. Lots of shit went down and now Pyxis was launching Armin's plan on how to retake the Trost District.

Right now I waited on top of the walls by Jean's side, ready to get rid of any titans that would get to Eren after he transformed into his titan form. All of us cadets were ready to swarm the city, but a red flare in the sky pulled us back. I glanced at Jean with a confused look, which he only shrugs off, not really knowing what was up either.

We land atop the walls, both of us heading straight towards Marco and Connie as soon as our feet touch the hard surface.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask them.

"I don't know, but Armin's gone to see," Marco replies, leaning towards Jean and me. His face grows weary. "But I- I think it will be alright."

"Yeah," Jean says softly, looking up at his best friend.

"Of course, I mean this is Eren we're talking about," Marco says.

"Right."

"I don't mean to be that guy," I look towards Connie who begins to speak, "but this whole thing feels kind of pointless."

"Yeah, well when was the last time fighting against titans didn't feel like that,'' Jean says.  I snort from beside him. Jean looks at me with a crooked smirk then turns back to Connie. "The best thing we can do right now is to do what we can to not lose any more people."

I nod in agreement, Marco mimicking me seconds after.

"Yeah, but I don't like the idea of all of us being dead for nothing," Connie says, walking a couple of feet away from us.

"We have to pick our battles!" Jean says boldly, making me whip my head towards him. "If we want to wage an all-out war one day we need to conserve our manpower. This was the right call!"

"I agree with Jean. It was inevitable to lose people by the Colossal's attack, but now we're making smart plays on how to win the city back," I say. "Even if it means risking it all on Eren," I add on.

"Right," Jean says, nodding towards me. "We just need to be patient now."

"Is this really the smartest thing to do? Was it the right call?" Connie says.

"Yes! Of course, it was!" Jean says.

"Live to fight another day, is that it?" Connie asks, facing away from us, but then abruptly turns around. "Right, I'm in."

I smirk at the bald boy, stalking up to him to throw my arm around his shoulder.

"Atta boy, Springer. That's the spirit," I say proudly. "Now you can-"

I don't get to finish my sentence as a random Garrison soldier calls out my name. I remove my arm from around Connie as the man with unruly curly hair stalks up to us. The four of us salute the guy as he opens his mouth to speak.

"Soldier, Y/n Zacharias, report to the Elite Squad. They need back up," he says and leaves without another word.

I gasp aloud, my eyes going wide in excitement. "Fuck yeah!" I exclaim to myself. "It's about fucking time, oh my god."

I turn to the others who stare at me with wide eyes. I just give them a cheeky smile, slapping Connie on the back, and leave with a salute from my brow. "Well, I'm off fellas."

They just stare at me in shock as I sprint down the walls, ready to leap off where there weren't any titans swarming.

Breaking out of his short shock Connie yells out to me, his hands cupping around his mouth when I turn my head over my shoulder. "Try not to die, dumbass!"