𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐚/𝐧 𝐄𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬) 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐎𝐂 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐭𝐰. 𝐇𝐞 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞) 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧 😋😋

It's been two days since the hole to Wall Rose in the Trost District has been sealed up, and now all the uninjured cadets were assigned to clean up whatever mess the titans left in their wreckful path. That meant cleaning the ruins of crushed buildings and piling up the dead.

"What the hell is that?" Sasha asks morbidly, her eyes shadowed as she looks down at the big, red blob of who knows what that was right in front of us. Right now all of us were patrolling the streets with white handkerchiefs covering our faces, protecting us from whatever potential plague could spread from the mass pile of dead bodies along the city streets.

"Leftover titan vomit," Evander says, coming up from behind me with a small knife in his hand. His curly dark brown hair was a stark contrast along his lightly tanned skin as it brushes against his temple from the small breeze flowing through the city, dragging the scent of the corpse through the air.

The boy's dark blue eyes met mine as he spoke again. "Apparently they don't have a digestive tract, so once they have their fill of people, they upchuck it like hairballs."

I look away from him, bringing my attention back to the red and slimy mess in front of me. "That's disgusting."

Evander only nods from beside me, but then he turns to me, bowing his head towards my feet. "How's your ankle, I heard you hurt it during the mission."

My eyes go to my freshly wrapped ankle- made by Jean's helping hands- and back to the boy with what I could only call an attempt at a smile. "Fine. Still hurts though," I say, rolling my ankle for signs of democrat, which I immediately stop doing once it throbs in pain.

"Take it easy, yeah?" Evander says with kind eyes. I nod at his politeness and look away as he goes to cut up the titan hairball that held human limbs and body parts inside.

I look around for a few moments, then huff out a breath when I don't see Jean anywhere. I turn to Sasha to ask if she saw him, but I stop when I see the look on her face. She looked like death.

Leaving her be with her own thoughts, I silently head off on my own, going off random soldier's directions to where they last saw an ash-brown-haired boy, and thanks to a stoic-faced grey-haired lady, I found him in no time.

I rushed over to him as fast as I could with my hobbled gait, my staggered footsteps echoing in the nearly empty street, beside a random corpse or two on the side of the road.

"Jean!" I called out, now only a foot away from him as he stares at the ground with a faraway look, his eyes widened, pupils shrunken. I tug on his arm, breaking him out of his horrified expression, looking around at the same time for what made him like this. My eyes trail down to the body he was in front of, not even noticing it on my way over.

Jean's hands grasp onto my shoulder, turning me away. "Don't look!"

I wish I could have listened to him as I saw Marco's body lying there, slumped on the ground and leaning against the side of the building. Only half of his face and lower body remained, the rest torn off from what I could only guess to be a titan's doing.

"Y/n, l-look away!" Jean tried to move my head away from the sight, his hands grasping onto either side of my face, but my eyes wouldn't stray away from Marco's lifeless body.