𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

"Uncle Miche!" I yell and throw myself into my uncle's arms, nearly making us both topple to the ground at my speed despite his overbearing height.

"Y/n. How's my little dove?" Connie snickers from behind me at the innocent nickname Miche called me. I swiftly turn my head around and give him a look to zip it, not wanting to get in trouble with Miche again by cursing; I've already burdened my uncle with too many disciplinary warnings to count.

"I'm good, but I've missed you so much! I tried to write to you more but Levi was complaining that I was using up all the good paper that he selfishly hogs all too himself, awful I know, and..." I go into a whole speech about all the things I needed to tell Miche- all the things that he's missed since his squad was moved to the outpost.

Miche listened to every word, never interrupting me but always inputting his thoughts when I needed to take a deep breath in between sentences. Miche and I have always got along like this, I was always so much of a blabber mouth as a kid while he was never one for words, so our dynamic was surprisingly really good.

I could rant about my days for hours and he'd never grow tired of me. He would just listen intently the whole time.

"Then I said it was used to bring me some good di- delicious bread! So, of course, he didn't buy this but- What are you doing! Hey! I told you you can't sniff me like that anymore!" I yelled at Miche with a pointed look after he interrupted my rant to sniff me around my neck area. He ignores me as his nose twitches.

"Jean Kirstein," Miche states, loud enough to gain the attention of my friends.

"Well, yeah, we are dating, uncle," I grumble out, half embarrassed and half annoyed.

Miche looks around me, his head tilting in confusion. "Where is the boy?"

My mood turns glum as I tell him that he was with the rest of the Scouts with Erwin, not under investigation like the rest of us.

Miche only hums in response then Nanaba comes by, saying that they were now supposed to be on watch. He nods to her while the woman waves to me. I wave back with a smile- I've always liked Nanabe, she's always been somewhat of a mother figure, more so when Hanji wasn't around, for... womanly things that Miche couldn't have helped me with.

"Hey, babe," Nanaba says, slinging an arm around my shoulder, pulling me in for a side hug.

"Hey, Nanaba. It's good to see you," I say with a grin. The blond woman ruffles my hair, making me slap away her hand that was messing up the braid Mikasa made earlier.

She just chuckles. "We'll talk later, yeah?"

"Yeah," I confirm. She walks away soon after, leaving me and Miche alone.

"We'll talk later too, dovie." I smile up at Miche and hum in agreement. He walks after Nanaba, climbing out the window to rest atop the roof to the stables right next to the building we were in.

I make my way to the others, sitting next to Connie and Sasha who looked bored out of their minds.

"You know, my village happens to be a little bit south of where we are now," Connie says in a monotone voice. My eyes dance in amusement at my friend's boredom.

"Yeah, the town I'm from is pretty close too," Sasha says in the same tone as Connie.

"Why can't I go see my people?" Connie drones on.

Peeking around Connie, I whispered to Bertholdt who was playing chess against Reiner. "Hey, Bert, I call playing the winner."

Bertholdt smiles softly at me, nodding a yes in response.