𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

"So, did you see him this morning?" Connie asked from beside me, crouching down to help me clean the cannons we were tasked to do so.

"See who?" I ask, acting innocent. I could almost feel Connie rolling his eyes next to me as I kept my eyes trained on the cannon before us.

"Don't play dumb. You know who."

I'm silent for a few moments, only the sound of the wind and cadets talking rose in the air as we stood atop the walls. Not paranoid about the ash-brown haired boy listening to us, given he and some of the others were positioned elsewhere, I spoke to Connie.

"No. No, I didn't see him," I mumble out. Connie stills from beside me, his hand laying flat on the heavy artillery.

"You're avoiding him," he states, going back to his cleaning. I don't say anything. Connie sighs, making me look into his big yellow eyes as he turns to me. "You should really speak with him, Y/n."

My hand clutched onto my rag tighter but then loosened it with defeat. "I... I don't know," I trail off, uncertainty in my words.

Connie peered down at me, his brain working for once. "What did you guys even fight about last night? I thought he was going to ask you to be his-" He cut himself off with a suspicious cough. Clearing his throat he began to talk again. "Yea, what uh, what did you guys even fight about?"

I wave away the suspicions from his random cough, slouching to rest my butt on my heels. "He wanted me to join the MP."

Connie nodded, waiting for me to go on, his eyes looking eager for some unknown reason. I look at him weirdly then admit what both Jean and I said. The boy's face immediately sweatdropped in disappointment, as if he was expecting to hear about a love confession or some shit.

"Damn," he mutters out, going back to cleaning.

"Yeah..."

"Well maybe you should've asked him to join the Scouts if he was so worried about you," Connie said as we both scrubbed into the wood and metal of the cannons.

I snorted. "Please, Jean in the Survey Corps? No way would he do that, especially if I asked him."

"I don't know, people do crazy things when they're..." Connie muttered out from under his breath.

I lean closer to him, not catching the last part. "What?"

Connie stares at me with wide eyes, the blood leaving his face to make his face paler than usual. He stutters for a bit, making me scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. All I asked for was what he said...

"I'm joining the Scouts!" He exclaimed, catching everyone's attention. My eyes widened in amazement.

"Wait, really?!"

Connie nodded fastly up and down.

"What? The hell you mean you're joining the Scouts?! What happened to the MP? That was your whole thing!" Eren exclaimed, butting into our conversation.

I saw Connie's cheeks reddened from beside me. "Forget about it. A guy's allowed to change his mind, okay?"

I punch the boy in the shoulder, startling him a bit.

"Ow! What the hell-"

"When were you going to tell me this, you dumbass!" I yell out, punching him again in the shoulder with a gleeful smile.

"I-I don't know!"

I just shake my head in amusement and leer up closer to him with a smirk. "It's because you would miss me all the way from the Interior, huh?" I say while wagging my eyebrows up and down.