Chapter 20

Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for letting me witness writing the last chapter of this book.

💚💚💚

As I'm still making my du'a, Azaan turned and faced me. I can feel his gaze on me nonetheless, I continued with what I was doing.

I heard him sauntered out of the room and he came back in few minutes holding a tray, by that time I was done praying.

"I knew you haven't eat anything today right?". He poured some milk inside the glass cup and handed it over to me. "Here".

I collected it and mumbled a thank you.

By the time we're done eating, Azaan looked up to me.

"Noor" he called out.

"Uhm" I mumbled.

"I don't want to bring this now, but really I want to clear it from my mind. Are you happy with this marriage?".

"Uhm"

"Answer well please" he pleaded.

"Yeah I am". I looked up and saw how he sighed out of relief as he smiled.

He filled the gap between us and held my hands inside his. I couldn't look into his eyes anymore but I can feel his on mine.

"I know right I didn't deserve your forgiveness but believe me wallah I didn't left you behind with the intention of hurting you, that's the only option that left for me that time. I was indecisive of what to do Noor. Had it mean I stayed, my family would have hooked me up with someone and that will hurt you even more. That's why I left. I know I'm selfish, I know! I was desperate to find peace, I don't want to go back to square one. Believe me Noor! Wallah for a second I'd never fall out of your love, your love did nothing more than increasing everyday. I really love you Noorin, I promise not to leave again, I promise you. Please forgive me for my past mistake, I won't repeat that again Inshaa Allah, I promise Noor, please! huh?".

"But why do you leave without notifying me? You should have at least bid me farewell". I voiced in between my sobs.

"I didn't think of that, until I left...and it's like, I don't want anyone to know where I am because I wanted to sort things out. I'm really sorry please! You can please scold me the way you like, I can take anything as far as that will make you happy and you'll forgive me". He stated and I can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"It's okay! Don't make it hard on yourself. Everything is already in the past". I voiced in between my sobs. I do believe in every single word he uttered. I couldn't figure out just what make me not to listen to him in the first place. I knew he loved me and he didn't have the intention of hurting me, just that the pain! I couldn't hold it that time.

"I'm sorry too for not listening to you in the first place" I apologized

"No! That's the right thing you should do, I deserved that treatment, in fact worse than that!".

"It's okay, now everything is in the past, let's not talk about it". I requested.

"Does that mean I'm forgiven?"

I nodded.

"Oh Yaa Allah! Thank you so much! Thank you for blessing me with this wonderful soul here". He wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you Noor! I can't trade you for the world". He said while he pulled away and hugged me again, and this time around a very tight one.

And me being an emotional being, I burst into another set of tears. I didn't say anything, I hugged him back and kept sobbing silently which feels like forever.