Chapter 2

Oh Allah! Do not condemn us if we forget or fall into error. (Qur'an 2;286)

💚💚💚

      Around 8:00pm, I was in my room seated on my study table studying because I have test the following day. My phone started ringing I checked who's calling. I discovered that it was my friend Hannah calling. So I picked.

"Hannatu" I called out. She hate it when I call her with that.

"Let me pretend I didn't perceive that so haffa?" She replied.

"I'm dying here, I'm thinking of dropping out of school as soon as possible" I declared.

"Ahhhh! you can tell Ammie later I guess. You weren't online that's why I called to check on you".

"It's..." I sighed. "Babe physics isn't going easy with me".

"Study well girl I'll hang up so bye see you tomorrow love you".

"Love you more". And the line went silent.

     Today, being weekend, everyone is at home except for Abee and Ya Zayd that haven't returned. We were seated having breakfast while Nana being a chatterbox is busy talking, she's my partner meanwhile I am also a talkative. At times Abee use to call me '24/7 FM'.

"Adda Noorin I forgot to gist you about something do you know what happened yesterday at school?" Nana voiced her mouth full of food.

     I dropped my spoon and turned towards my right direction where she was seated. "you didn't tell me how would I know?" I replied.

"So you can tell me now" I added.

"Big for nothing! instead of you to stop her from talking while eating but no! You even wanted her to gist you" Adda uttered berating me with a death glare.

"I'm not the first to talk fa and you're already looking at me that way Adda do same to Nana mana" I almost roll my eyes. Knowing my sister very well, that's stopped me from rolling my eyes. She hate it when I pout or roll my eyes at her and that already became a habit to me.

"Naaww! I'm her baby sis you know" Nana said proudly because she knew so well Adda will always back her up.

     Adda didn't say anything again and Ammie didn't even spare us a glance.

"Ammie, I'm your baby girl you suppose to say something" I said giving her a baby face.

"Naaww! Mustaheel!; never! I'm Ammi's one and only baby boy mush; right Ammi?" Al-ameen asked.

"Of course my boy ilal abad; forever"

"God! This is becoming serious...you didn't disown me y'all, do you?" I uttered trying hard not to squeal.

"If they do baby sis I'm here" a voice came from the entrance door.

We all turned around surprisingly.

"I'm home" he said smiling.

     I didn't know when I jumped up from my seat and waltzed to him "Bhai!; Brother!" I squealed. I hugged him finally my stalwart brother is back. I really miss him though he spent only two weeks there but to me that two weeks seems like a month.