Chapter 13

Yaa Allah!
Please watch over my family, protect them yaa Allah, let happiness, health and good fortune befalls them.

💚💚💚

It had been already a month since I started attending lectures. To say how I'm enjoying the school is way understatement. I knew school isn't fun at all no matter how but as I compared it to studying in Nigeria, here is just fun. I only have maximum of four hours lectures a day. It's refreshing I swear. I have the time to sleep, eat and then study this is just perfect!

I met quite a lot of friends, some are my course mates while some are from Salwa's class. But I'm more close to two out of them all, that's Hauwa'u (Jiddah), Aysha whom I called her Ammie because she have my mother's name. Jiddah is from Nigeria but they reside in Oxford while Aysha is from London.

I and my friends were walking to the school cafe to have our daily cappuccino. We were talking about random things and laughing. People keep staring at us but actually we all don't care. My phone started ringing, I brought it out from my bag and checked the caller ID, it was Salwa so I picked.

"Where on the earth are you Noorin? I've been looking for you but couldn't get to see you and Akhi is here to drive us home!" Salwa bellowed.

"Ahhhhhh! Salwa please don't explode my ear drum, you told me you ain't getting off school now and I decided to engage myself in doing something so that I can wait for you aren't I nice?"

"I'm going home now. Period!"

"Ok ok I get you I'm coming now where are you now? Or you can meet me in the cafe, can you? Your highness!" I ended giggling.

"I'm right there waiting for you, can you speed up Noorin?" Though I wasn't in her presence but I knew she rolled her eyes when she said that and had it been I'm right there with her then I will definitely receive a smack on my shoulder.

Jiddah and Aisha both decided not to go to the cafe since I won't be there, Aisha went back to the hostel and we will drop Jiddah since we are in the same street.

"Hi fav sis!" I waved at Salwa as we're approaching her. She turned and started to walk toward the school gate.

I walked faster and reached her "Sweetheart, who on earth spoiled your mood for me huh?" I hugged her from behind.

"Don't sweetheart me! Can you imagine I came all the way without knowing the class was canceled? I could have sleep and enjoy myself" she uttered furiously.

I couldn't help but laughed and Jiddah also joined me and she became more infuriated.

"Sorry sorry! But wait Ukhty was this why you're this angry? You'll die then had it mean you're in Nigeria because this will happen to you almost everyday".

"Whatever!" She mouthed and rolled her eyes.

"But wait? Why is Akhi here to pick us instead of the driver? Beside he's supposed to be in office why is he here to pick us?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know, he just came and he called me may be the driver wasn't available".

"Ohhh!" I voiced.

We walked to where Akhi parked his car waiting for us. Salwa entered the passenger seat while I and Jiddah entered the back seat and we drove away.

When we arrived home, we met Ummeey in the kitchen with one of the maids. I don't know what they're talking about.

"Ummeey" I waved. "We're home".

"I'm home". Salwa mumbled and went upstairs. She's still upset but I still smelt something. Something is wrong somewhere.