Chapter 4

Put Allah first, then I assure you will never be the last.

💚💚💚

Noorin

      It's been a month and two weeks already since the incidence, a lot had happened. I wrote my second semester exams. Adda was now a graduate from department of Industrial chemistry, Kaduna State University. Abee was back from Cairo and Adda's wedding is coming up in a week. There won't be much event because the bride wasn't interested in any. She said events were total waste of money, and that she wants a simple marriage and her marriage to be full of blessings. We've gone through a lot before she agreed with a dinner. And for the bridal shower she wasn't aware of it because it's going to be a surprise, we don't know if she will like it tho.

    Ya Zayd told me everything he knows about his friend, two days after the incidence. Azaan has alexithymia that's why he's eerie. I feel pity for him, I feel like I can make him a better person but, can I? I don't know if we will get along. I haven't even seen him since that day, and didn't inquire from Ya Zayd.

"Wai ina amaryan ne?; where's the bride?"

"Tana can gidan kawarta ai; she's in her friend's house"

"You! Come and help me carry this"

"The cars are ready, please for those going should hurry, if not we're leaving and no one should complain later!"

     The house is erratic. Today being the day for the dinner. family, friends, neighbours from all over are here. Preparation for the marriage were in full swing. Lots of things had been purchased and the rest were to be purchased that very day or later. The house is all messed up! Nothing bother me more like my room. I hope the people using it didn't already destroy it.

    I'm in Adda's room with my friends Raudah and Hannah trying to get ready. Adda was in Humaira's house with all her friends. Humaira is Adda's best friend since childhood. Their house wasn't far from ours. I would have been there with them, but I won't be comfortable being around them, because they're older than me enough. Beside I have my friends too.

"Noorin please hurry and get up! Let's get going, Hammad is being calling me since" Raudah said as she brought out her phone that was ringing.

"Ho ho ho...I'm done please let's get going" I stood up abruptly from the vanity table grabbing my heels and bag.

"You guys didn't tell me how I look" I said staring at them.

"You look awful" they chorused

"That means I'm fetching" I said fluttering my eyelashes.

We were all dressed in red aso ebi. Hannah pushed me to the door saying "oya enough now, you look pretty let's get going"

"How can you be this pretty, I'm jealous" Raudah mumbled while following us from behind. I giggled.

    We went to the parking lot after passing a lot of people staring at us, and some mumbling things;

"Ai wannan ita ce ta ke bin amaryan, eh...daga amaryan sai ita; she's the bride's immediate sister, yes...after the bride then her"