Chapter 8

Things don't always go according to plan, sometimes situations arise which forces us to bend a little. You still gotta make the best out of life, turn the negatives into positives, don't allow anything to steal away your joy.

💚💚💚

Three days passed by in a blur. I have been calling Azaan but his phone was not reachable. I was worried and scared. I just hope there isn't anything wrong in any way, I hope he's fine. I wanted to ask Ya Zayd, but later I thought better of it.

It was already 8am, I have tried hard to go back to sleep after subh prayer but I couldn't. I kept scrolling through my phone jumping from one app to another. I have a lot of movies to watch and also plenty of books to read but I couldn't because I wasn't in the mood, I was bored. I so badly want to hear from him. I really missed him, yeah! I have to accept that. I heaved a deep breath that I didn't know I'm holding. I walked downstairs and headed to the kitchen. The house was silent, Everyone was asleep except for Abee and Ya Zayd that went to work. The kids were also on vacation. I made a cup of coffee and went back to my room. I took my phone and sat on the single chaise lounge that is located opposite to my bed. My phone started to ring, my lips curled up a smile seeing who's calling. It was Azaan so I quickly picked because I can no longer wait.

"Assalamu alaikum"

"Wa'alaikumussalam...Azaan what's wrong with you? Are you sick? I've been calling you but couldn't reach you. Was everything ok?" I inquired worriedly.

"No, nothing is wrong, you don't have to worry" His voice sounds abnormal.

"There is definitely, you can't hide something from me Azaan...if to say there's nothing wrong then can you tell me the reason why I couldn't reach you out to you on phone?" My voice sounding a little bit grumpy.

"You don't have to worry about it Noor"

"Of course I have to..." I kept the cup of coffee that I was holding. "Tell me Azaan" I said impatiently.

"Noor..." he called.

"Yes Azaan..." I answered.

"We will talk about it later, I promise you...now can we talk about something else please?"

"Azaan..."

"I miss you Noor" he cut me. Forget about the butterflies, I felt the entire zoo inside my stomach. My cardiac muscle started pumping blood through my vascular system swiftly. I couldn't utter a word. This is the first time he said that to me.

"Noor, are you there?"

"Uhm...yeah" I said with a trembling voice.

"Did you not miss me?". He asked. I started looking for the way to merge up the words that I will reply him with.

"Seems you didn't...ok let me..."

"I do" I quickly cut him and he chuckled.

"Azaan" I whimpered and he laughed out loudly.

"Hey! Wait...you can't be always calling me with that name" he voiced after he was done laughing.

"What? That's your name now" I rolled my eyes.