22 - The Kiss

*BUCKY'S POV*

"Steve, is this what I think it is? What the hell is going on?"

I was turned towards him but he suddenly looked away from me and I saw his jaw drop. "Buck." I turned to see what he was looking at and it felt like my whole body was on fire. I couldn't believe how beautiful she looked. And she was walking down the isle to me.

I sat there breathlessly wondering how I'd gotten here. What in any life did I ever do to deserve this masterpiece of a forgiving woman who made her way down the isle to me. I turned to Sam and mouthed. "Thank you."

As she approached I held out my left hand and she took it. Tony kissed her cheek and walked away. I immediately grabbed her towards me and kissed her. I felt her lips twitch into a smile against mine as our family around us laughed.
She pulled away and with a smile said "Not supposed to do that yet, babe."

"I don't care." I kissed her again and this time let her pull away so we were in our places.

Bruce smiled at the two of us. "So if you two are ready, we can start."

She looked at me while nodding. "You ready?"

"Been ready." And nothing I ever said was more true.

Bruce smiled at the two of us and looked at Y/N, "you wanted to start."

"Yes." She smiled and turned to me. "I know this was kind of a surprise for you, so no pressure about vows. But I wanted to say mine. I vow to never stop surprising you. I promise to spend every day reminding you who you are. I promise to love every part of you, even when you drive me crazy. I promise to never go to bed angry." She squeezed my hands. "I promise to love you every moment of every day of forever."

I felt my eyes watering and my heart felt like it could explode from my chest. "Can I?" I looked at her and Bruce and they both nodded. "I promise to not freak out at every surprise." I took a deep breath trying not to cry. "I promise to hold you during every horror movie you insist on watching." Y/N laughed. "I promise to kiss you even when you come home sweaty after a run. I promise to make the bed even when I don't understand the point of it. I promise to hold you even if I'm mad at you. And I promise to love you every moment of every day of forever." Y/N smiled as tears started to fall from her eyes. I wiped them and looked at Bruce. "If you don't hurry up, I'ma kiss her again." Everyone laughed, including Bruce, and he continued.

"I'll cut it short, then. Do you, James Barnes, take Y/N Y/L/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He looked at Nathan and he handed me a ring. Nathan smiled at me.

"I absolutely do." I placed the ring on her finger.

"Do you, Y/N Y/L/N take James Barnes to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Nathan handed Y/N a ring.

"Yes, finally. I do." She smiled and I laughed as she placed the ring on my finger.

"I pronounce you bride and groom. You may now kiss the bride." Bruce spoke. He didn't even finish the statement before I was kissing Y/N. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I pulled her close to me by her waist.

"I love you." I mumbled against her lips.

"Well, I'd sure hope so." She smiled and pulled away from me. "I love you, forever."

"Forever."

THE END