3 - The Night Out

*BUCKY'S POV*

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when Y/N and Sam walked in the door. I smiled when I saw her, but that quickly fell when I noticed her stumbling.

"Buc-Bucky!" She slurred. "Hi, baby." She made her way to the couch next to me and leaned against me.

"Sam, this seems like a lot more than a few drinks." I glared at him as he came and sat next to her.

"Listen," he slumped onto the couch. "I did my best. She can't be tamed and she doesn't-nt listen."

I smirked. "Yeah, she definitely doesn't." I looked at my beautiful fiancé who had already started dozing off while sitting up. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and some Advil for the two of them.

I handed Sam his and he smiled. "Aw, thanks man." I rolled my eyes and handed Y/N's to her. She smiled at me.

"What's that?"

"It'll make you feel better."

"I do feel better."

I sighed. "This will make you feel better tomorrow."

"Hmmm. Okay." She took the pills and the water bottle and swallowed it down. "I sleep now." She snuggled up next to Sam and within seconds, was snoring on his shoulder. Sam looked at her and shrugged, before falling asleep too.

I chuckled at the sight of the two best friends in front of me, glad that some things never change. I was always grateful for Sam, there were still times it felt like she was shutting me out, but she always had Sam. She needed him. And he'd always be there.

I threw a blanket over the two before making my way to my bed. Because I'm not crazy. I like to sleep in a bed. I did a quick peek on the kids and then made my way to the room. Overly aware of the empty space beside me.

When I woke up in the morning, I went to go check on the sleeping beauties. Sam was still passed out, but Y/N was up and drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, doll."

"Morning baby." She smiled at me.

"How was your night?"

She gave me a small laugh. "I think you can assume. We had a good time. But I can't drink like I used to now. The kids ruined me."

I kissed her, and I could taste her coffee on her lips. She was drinking it black, which she swears is the best hang over cure. "Yeah, but they're so cute aren't they?" I heard movement from upstairs. "Speak of the devils."

And the kids made their way downstairs. I pointed at the couch that still held a sleeping Sam. They silently walked over to see him and then yelled. "Uncle Sam!" Before jumping on him. Y/N and I burst out laughing as Sam sat up yelling.

"Your children are demons!"

"We missed you, Uncle Sam." Nathan smiled at him.

"I missed you two, too." Sam grabbed the two kids and hugged them. "But I miss sleep more. Goodbye." And he walked away with the blanket wrapped around them, likely to my bed.

"Mommy? Can we have pancakes today?"

Y/N went to open her mouth but I spoke instead. "How about, instead of mommy's pancakes, you have daddy's pancakes? How does that sound?" I smiled at them and Nathan yelled.

"Yes! Chocolate chips pleaaaaseeeeee!"

"Chocolate chips it is." I kissed Y/N before picking up Lily and grabbing Nathan's hand. "Let's go wait in the kitchen so mommy can enjoy her coffee."

She mouthed "thank you" to me as I left the room with the kids.

"Okay, who knows what we need for pancakes?" I looked at my two children.

"Choco chips!" Lily yelled.

"Yep, the most important part."