9 - The Full Story

*Y/N'S POV*

Bucky helped the kids get ready while I used the invention to send a message to Thor. "Important. Come ASAP."

Bucky walked out with the kids, holding their bags and Sam hugged me. "Talk to both of them. Get everything out in the open. I love you." He kissed my cheek and took the kids with him.

After he left I sighed. "Um, so living room? We can wait for Thor..." The boys nodded and I walked away while they followed. I sat down first on the chair, Bucky and Loki sat on opposite sides of the couch. Shortly later we heard thunder and a bright light, then Thor came booming in the house.

"BARNES? Y/N?" He storms into the living room and I stood up to hide Loki. "Where are the children? Are they injured?"

"Thor. We're okay. Everyone is okay." He lowered his hammer and nodded.

"Then what is the emergency?" I stepped aside so he could see behind me.

"Hello, brother." Loki spoke, no louder than a whisper.

"Is this some kind of joke? Y/N, what is the meaning of this?"

I walked towards Thor. "It's him. It's not a joke. Come sit." I gestured to the other chair, he sat. We all looked to Loki.

"I suppose I'll just begin. You deserve to know what kept me from you... And Nathan." Loki cleared his throat and began. "Thor told you of Hela, I assume." We all nodded. "She was not working alone. She had a partner... Once she learned of Thor's murder of Hela, she, named Karnilla, glamoured the body of a fallen warrior to look like me. Up until now I have been living in their prison. Mostly isolated, as the rotated prisoners regularly. For the most part, I was neglected, ignored." My eyes looked down. I knew that for Loki, that in itself was more painful than torture. My heart broke thinking that while he was suffering, I was moving on. I couldn't look at him while he continued. "When I was removed from my prison, they wanted to learn about my magic, how it differed from theirs. It ended up being that they begun siphoning my magic, once they realized this, that they could take my magic into someone else's being... Well, let's just say I have very little left. My magic can usually replenish, but it seems I'm unable to do that as easily or quickly now." He took a deep breath. "There was another prisoner brought in, Liliana. They did the same to her." He cleared his throat and took a deep breath. "She siphoned her magic into me so that I could escape, I tried to take her with me... I just was not strong enough. I left as they put a sword through her heart." Loki was looking at the ground, I could hear the pain in his voice and I realized he and Liliana must've been close for her to sacrifice herself for him. Maybe I was not the only one who moved on during this time. But yet, he was still hurt, again. My poor Loki...

I stood up before anyone spoke and wrapped my arms around Loki. Tears started to fall as he pressed himself against me, I sat next to him, pulling him into my chest as he cried. I looked to Thor who had a look on his face I couldn't quite place. Torn between rage, grief, regret... It probably mirrored mine. Bucky had been silent, and continued to be as Loki sobbed on me. Thor was the next to speak.

"I will hunt them all, brother. They will not get away with this atrocity."

"No. They won't." Bucky responded and Loki and I turned to look at him in shock. Bucky wasn't looking at us, just the floor. But his fists were clenched. And I saw a tear on one side of his face. Hydra had done similar to him, I know it must hurt him to hear about this, even if he didn't care for Loki.