18 - The Conversation

*Y/N'S POV*

"It was insanely stupid."

I heard the voices and immediately recognized them. Loki and Bucky arguing.

"It worked out, did it not?"

I heard Bucky scoff. "She's going to flip out when you tell her."

"She'll understand."

I forced my eyes open and tried to speak. "What am I understanding?"

I saw Bucky jump up to my side. "Doll, you're awake."

"Mmm. Yeah. Why are you arguing?" I groaned as I tried to sit up.

"Don't try to move, dear, just rest." I felt Loki's arm on my shoulder. I turned to look at him and smiled. But my smile quickly faded when I saw the cut across his face, starting from just under his eye to his chin.

"Loki? What happened?" I turned to Bucky. "I thought no one had a scratch. Who else is hurt? Why did Tony lie? How bad? Is it Sam?" My voice cracked as I pictured my best friend hurt, or worse.

Then I heard a laugh from behind Bucky. "I'm all right, Bug." Sam walked forward and I saw that he was perfectly fine. "Your boys are arguing because Loki did something stupid, after Stark said no one was hurt. He went and got hurt."

I looked at Loki. "What happened?"

His eyes met mine as he sighed. "Now, remember that you love me, yes?" I saw Bucky glare at him as his body tensed. If Loki noticed it, he ignored it. "After I showed Stark where you were and were sure you got out safely, I returned. I went back... To get my magic."

My eyes opened wide as I forced myself through the pain to sit up. "Are you fucking stupid? You do remember you died before, right? All for your magic? What the hell is wrong with you? You went alone, weakened, to exactly where we didn't want you to be!"

"I'm fine. You're fine. We are all fine, Y/N." Loki placed his hand on top of the one that wasn't in Bucky's.

"When I heal, I'm going to kick your stupid ass." I grumbled.

Bucky and Sam laughed while Loki rolled his eyes. I leaned back against the bed. "So everyone is okay? The kids?"

"Both can't wait to see you. Tony is getting ice cream with them now. Everyone's good, doll." Bucky looked at me and I smiled. Loki pulled his hand back and I turned my attention to him.

"Liliana."

Loki nodded and gave a small smile. "She is well. Also resting. Banner has her in a coma for now. Her internal injuries were... extreme. She has yet to be fully conscious."

"She's the one who saved you, right?"

"She is."

I took a deep inhale. "It wasn't a friendly gesture, was it?" Loki raised his eyebrow at me and I suddenly felt uncomfortable, extremely aware of our company. "You two were, are... involved? Together?"

"I should leave, I think. Crystal's here, she's been asking to see you. I'll let her know you're awake." Sam spoke and quickly walked out of the room.

"I'm not, I don't. I don't know why I care. But she risked her life to save you. And the way you reacted when you saw her... I just need to know."

"There was... a moment, yes."

I nodded. "Okay."

Bucky spoke up. "Does that... bother you? That he cares for someone else?"

Ashamed, I looked to the ground. "I don't know. It does but it also doesn't? If that makes sense. I'm glad he wasn't alone, that he had someone. But I was also mourning him. I thought he was dead... but I moved on as well." I looked up at Bucky. "And I love you. More than I could say. I just don't know how to handle the part of my heart that died with Loki."