"Joe?" I asked standing up. "Oh my god! How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been good," He said pulling me in for a hug. "How about you?" He asked me.

"Never better," I lied. 

It was quiet for a second as we both sat and soaked up the moment. It had been about a year since we had spoken last.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me. "I know you hate clubs," He said.

I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Selena," I replied.

"Say no more," He joked.

He looked over at me and flashed his signature, charming smile that suddenly made all of my problems go away.

"What about you Mr. Dad?" I asked him.

"Just taking a break," He said quietly as his smile shrunk a bit.

We both continued to sit in the silence. It was a bit awkward. Neither of us were saying anything yet neither of us wanted to say goodbye.

"Do you want to get out of here and catch up?" He asked me.

I flashed him a genuine smile.

"I would love that," I said.

-

"Okay, so I've been dying to ask you," Joe said. "How is your marriage actually going?" Joe asked me.

"You know I can't lie to you," I said. "I'm actually getting divorced," I admitted.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Joe said.

I gave him a small smile.

"It's okay. I'm actually handling it very well. I'm definitely not the same broken, young girl that I used to be," I said to him.

 I'm definitely not the same broken, young girl that I used to be," I said to him

"I can tell," He said giving me a genuine smile. "If I'm being honest with you Dems, I've always thought you could've done better than that guy," He admitted.

I knew he was right. He even tried to warn me before I got married. I guess I was just so young and dumb, I didn't care to listen.

"Where's he at now?" He asked me.