⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

Months continued to pass by and you and Andy continued to sneak around

Months continued to pass by and you and Andy continued to sneak around. Even taking the kids out more together and Andy getting more frequent messages from Laurie. Always wondering where he is, when he'd be home, asking him to stay home, you weren't jealous one bit. The power you held compared to her was incomparable. There was a reason he and Jacob were over at your place and not with Laurie.

Your kids could see how happy you were with Andy, they enjoyed it because Jacob was like a brother to them, you treated him as if he was your own, picking him up from school if Andy was at work, taking them all out for dinner, doing things that felt like a family. The five of you are closer than ever.

It warmed your heart seeing the kids dressed up in their formal attire to make their way to homecoming. Carmen in a gorgeous green dress and Jarren wearing a white button shirt with black slacks and Jacob in a similar outfit.

"Caramel, get closer to Jake so I can get a few pictures."

Your daughter glared at you with the nickname. You had been calling her that ever since she was young, she was a sweet girl, of course in her teenage years she was very standoffish and it would seem otherwise but she was your daughter, a splitting image of you but with her fathers eyes. Your son looked more like his grandfather rather than you or your ex-husband, but you were thankful your family's genes were so strong and everyday you saw a piece of yourself in your children.

"Jare, stand on the other side of your sister."

"Jake, fix your tie bud." you heard Andy say.

"I don't know how-"

"I've got you." You handed Andy your phone and shifted Jacobs bowtie. "If you ever feel it's annoying you or too tight, just undo it...the untied look makes girls go crazy." you chuckled and sent him a smile. He nodded and smiled back. "Thanks mom...I mean, uhm..,"

"It's okay, you're welcome."

Little did you know, his actual mom was driving by and watching all of what was happening. The pale color of her skin turning crimson red, her knuckles turning white as she gripped the steering wheel harder.

You and Andy stood side by side, his hand on your lower back as the two of you took pictures of your kids.

"Do you think they'll have a photobooth this time?" Carmen looked over at the two boys.

"Maybe you can hide in it if they do?"Jarren whispered back.

"Or maybe you could, oh wait, it won't be big enough for your fat nose." She barked back causing Jacob to laugh, a bright smile on his face.

"She's got a point bro, that nose isn't gonna be easy to hide."

"Jarren, you literally have this bipolar confidence."

"What does that even mean?" Jacob squinted his eyes as Jarren laughed then stopped.

"Oh my god you're right."