Chapter one : the genesis

Police sirens everywhere blood everywhere all those jerks all cornered  up in fear all guilty . I was standing with bloody hands when the police approached me.

" miss Ayesha Leonard your under arrest for the murder of a student .I was completely shocked . I was handcuffed against my will what is going on ? I was screaming out my throat I didn't do it I was framed . I watched as those six evil top students watched me go they must have something to do with this I will never forgive them I will certainly find the truth and expose them. I won't let this go I promise!

6months ago.....

Ayesha's POV

Living in Lagos all my life got me thinking if I would ever leave this place gosh am so fucking tired.

Yes I am a broke ass bitch . My dad works as a mechanic  and my mum is a house maid .  Yes they have to work so that this honey right here can go to school.

My school isn't for the rich kids no your mistaken.  I live in a not fancy neighborhood I would say comfortable. Thugs everywhere ashawo here and there drugs  and plenty of thefts happen most of the time. The neighborhood is just messed up like our freaking government.

But na life I wan live o . I go school come back and do chores  . That's Ayesha's life for you. Ayesha do this Ayesha do that ! It's always the same on and on .

But person no fit rest again. 

My dad is Yoruba my mum is Hausa and from kaduna . They met while working  at some rich dudes mansion. 

Fell in love and boom me happened.

There's always a genesis to everything even life it self . I believe that this is my genesis.

"Ayesha! Come and pound the yam ! My mum yelled across the sitting room .

" mummy am coming naw!  Ah this old woman wan kill me . I mummer .

" you want to chop pounded yam you no wan pound how you wan take chop am? My mum asked with both hands on her waist. Her funny tied wrapper and white shirt all soaked and drenched in sweat and her head tie tied in a funny crooked way. I wanted to laugh but I remembered how  hard she must have worked which again thinking of it made me sad.

" mummy don't worry I will pound pound till there's no yam again in the pounder . I said giggling and running off to the kitchen.

" silly girl   You like making jokes about  things abi ?

My mum said shaking her head side to side.

Daar's pov

Walking my dog outside on the street  made me feel less pressure given to me for the past few weeks . Being a politician's son ain't that easy . Since my brother left for the US his whereabouts are nowhere to be found. It's like he disappeared. And this crumbled my dads status a little among people. He was blamed for not caring  for his son. People destroy families with the shitty things they say and blurt out.   As I kept walking my dog Denver rolls in his new car  a black G wagon.  Just like mine .

Denver has been my friend for as long as I can remember. It's like we took our first steps together.

And he's the most free soul I've ever met . He  is a passionate French dude . And a girl magnet.

" it's been a while school starts tomorrow. Now we sophomores just like yesterday we were freshmen . Hope to make it to senior year. He said .

" Yh I hope so too. I said sighing.