Chapter 16: Summertime Sadness!

LOG:16/6/2021

TW: ANGSTY TEENAGERS.STRESS.PRESSURE.

---

"Miko! Why are you in such ridiculous outfit? Get change immediately! Such shame you've brought to our family ever since we've sent you to Japan!" Miko's parents yelled at the pigtailed girl. They were standing in front of her door, looking down disapprovingly at Miko who was laying flat on the bed, doodling.

Miko groaned audibly, huffing at them as she turned her head to the side, not wanting to listen to them as she plugged her earphones into her ears, blasting Slash Monkeys.

"Nakadai Miko, you listen to us at this instance!" her father bellowed, his voice overpowering her heavy metal music. Ripping her earbuds off, Miko glared at her parents.

"What is it now?!" she hissed, groaned dramatically at them. Her mother shook her head with disappointment while her father glared at her, his face serious and stern.

"You have shown us disrespect and brought us humiliation by involving yourself in a wrong culture! The sole purpose of us sending you to the States is for you to aim high and strive for the best, to learn from the Americans!" He scolded her. Miko snapped back, offended at his accusation.

"Firstly father, there is nothing wrong with me liking hardcore music rather than your assumed girly songs! Come on, it's the twentieth century already! Second, have I not passed the requirements you've set for me? I may not get first class honours but I'm sure as hell ain't last in class!" Miko rebutted, waving her hands at her father. His face hardened but Miko did not pay attention to him as she continue rambling and fighting for her words.

"Plus, I've made friends! They are good and true friends, not like the ones you have that-" Miko's words was cut off by a hard slap from her father. The slap knocked Miko off the bed and onto the floor.

 Her father's gaze was cold as he pinned her hard, the Japanese girl still on the ground and in shock.

"You're staying here and that's final. I'm not sending you back again, you're a disgrace to our family." Her father said and left. Miko's mother gave her a disappointed look before following after her husband, leaving Miko on the cold floor crying.

"Damn you..." Miko hissed and rushed to her desk, taking her cellphone to call her charge.

She was going back to US even if it's the last thing she do.

---

Sighing, Jack sat on the field moodily as he looked towards the vast barley field. He was back at his grandparents' barn, helping them out instead of flipping burgers in KO Burger or going out and kicking the Cons' afts.

"Wat'cha thinkin', son?" Jack's grandpa spoke. The teen said nothing and as he shakes his head. Humming, the old man nodded and slapped the kid's back, grinning at the startled boy.

"Well then, help ya old fella with the hay bales, won't ya!?" he shouted and trudged off, leaving Jack at the empty barley field. Sighing, Jack got up, dusted his worn-out jumper before running to catch up on the temperamental old man.

'God, I wish Arcee was here! Man, we'll go on a wild ride and have so much fun...' He thought to himself as he went to the side of the barn and stack up the hay bales, wishing that his friends were here with him.

---

"Rafael Jorge Gonzales Esquivel! What do you think you're doing!?" Raf winced as he turned to look at his mother, guilty of being caught playing video games.