Chapter 2: Heal the broken ones.

LOG:21/5/2021

Anna's POV

I woke up to the sound of crashing and...talking? I looked over to the bedside clock to see it stating 9.15a.m.

'Burglars in the morning? Seriously?' I thought to myself as I grab the nearest item as a weapon, which just so happens to be an air freshener. Not the greatest choice, but beggars can't be choosers in this situation.

Tip-toeing, I walked out of my room quietly as to not spook the intruders. I walk down the staircase, the canister in my hand as I was on high alert. The first thing I saw in the living room was a group of......

What is this?

There were a bunch of robot babies in my living room?!

I took a closer look to see that almost all of them were unconscious and they were most definitely hurt. Gingerly, I stepped out from the staircase and went to them.

There was only one bot awake and currently trying to wake its friends up, shaking their body and calling after them. The blue and pink bot noticed me and transformed her hands into guns as she growled at me, fiercely protecting her ...family?

"H-Hey! Easy, I won't hurt you." I coaxed her gently, not wanting to scare her at the same time not wanting to be blown out by her guns.

They look deadly and I'm not messing around to find out.

The bot seemed to understand my words as she lowers her gun a bit, just a tad bit. I put down the canister and took a small step to her.

Wrong move.

She had her guns up again as she croaked out in pain but with equal animosity, glaring at me and baring her teeth as got into a protective stance in front of her unconscious allies. 

"S-Stand back!" she growled before hissing in pain, clutching her pelvis with one hand, the other still pointing at me. I noticed her eyes were welling up tears but she was being brave and holding it in.

Raising my hands up, I spoke softly, trying to sooth the female child robot.

At least, I think it's a she.

"I-It's okay! I won't hurt you or your family! But they are hurt now and requires medical attention, may I provide some assistances?" I said before mentally slapping myself. Can she understand what I'm trying to say?

'Great job Anna! The bot is like...5? Don't use such deep words on them, you moron!'

Luckily, the bot seemed to know what I was saying and she hesitantly stepped back, but still wary of me.

"Th-They hurt! Hewp!" she said before kneeling down in pain. I went to her first and examined her wounds. I took her and sat her down on my lap as I examine her injuries, the little one tensed up but didn't retaliate.

"Hey sweetheart, why do you have so many wounds and cuts? Stay here, alright? I'll grab a med kit." I said before setting the bot down on the sofa. I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the first aid box on the top shelf before returning to check on her.

When I reached there, I realised that they were NOT humans, therefore I was not even sure if my human medical kit will have any effects on them.

Scrap.

Kneeling down in front of her, I tried my best to communicate with her.

"Hey there, little one! Here's the medical kit. See?" I lifted up the box to let her see before continuing, "Sweetheart, I'm not sure if my medical kit can treat your wounds but this is all I have, okay? I'll do my best to treat all of you before we figure out what's going on, alright?" I said, hoping the little one understands me.