"Sorry," Neville apologized,  "I haven't tried that before . . . didn't realize it would be quite so. . ."

A figure appeared in the door and Hari looked up. 

"Explosive?" Cormac McLaggan asked, leaning on the doorframe, trying to look cool

#)What do you want McLaggan?(# Hari asked, pausing in her vanishing of the goo to frown at him.

He didn't take the hint to leave. "Do you need help learning magic?"

#) Even if I did, why would I ask you?#(

"Let's practice Alohomora..."

#) A first-year spell, really? I knew you were dumb but this is pushing it. (#

"you can be the door so I can slam you all I want!"

Hari glared at him, #) Really? (# She raised her eyebrow, #)Really? (#

"Yeah Potter, I'm super cool, any girl would die for the opportunity." He said smugly

#) Firstly, (# Hari glared, #) Do you have nothing be- (# She stopped as McLaggan was pushed out of the doorframe. She stepped into the hallway to see Fred holding the front of McLaggan's shirt.

"That's my girlfriend you're talking to McLaggen!" Fred said angrily.

#)Hey! (# Hari said annoyed that he had intervened, #) I had it under control, Fred. (#

"I'm just helping."

#) But I don't need help. (# She pushed the two of them apart. 

"Wow Potter, you wanna save a broom and ride a Quidditch player?"

She held a hand out to stop Fred. #) You failed the tryouts McLaggan, I wouldn't call you a quidditch player. (#

"But you co-"

#) Go away, nobody cares. (#

"Do you-"

#) No, go away. (# She pulled Fred into the compartment and closed the door. McLaggan eventually left. Fred joined the small group in the compartment.

The food trolly, and George, arrived sometime later, but it was a while until Hermione and Ron showed up. 

Ron flopped down onto the bench. "I'm starving." He grabbed a pumpkin pasty from beside Hari.

#) Who are the other prefects? (# Hari asked of Hermione as she sat down.

'Well, there are two fifth-year prefects from each house,' said Hermione, looking thoroughly disgruntled as she took her seat. 'Boy and girl from each.'

#) Who are they? (#

"Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott, for Hufflepuff," Hermione said, "And Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil for Ravenclaw."

"And guess who's a Slytherin prefect?" said Ron annoyed

#) Parkinson and Malfoy? (# Hari asked.

"Course," said Ron bitterly. He shoved another pumpkin pasty in his mouth.

"Malfoy didn't even show up..." Hermione complained.

#) Why not? (#

"No idea. Probably slacking off." Ron said,

Hari didn't ask more questions but that bugged her for the next half an hour. That didn't seem like Draco, he was always on top of promotions and schoolwork.