Taishiro Toyomitsu × Chef!Reader: Delicious

Start from the beginning

"Don't bother, miss. You seem like you've already spent enough money tonight."

"Are you sure? It really doesn't make a difference at this point." You asked as he let out a small chuckle and looked at you from the rearview mirror. "I'm positive. A real gentleman would never force a lady to pay for the whole bill...half maybe, but not the whole thing."

"Well, not all guys are gentlemen anymore." You replied, leaning your head back and taking in a breath as you settled in for the drive home. It felt shorter than usual, maybe because you were anticipating it so much. Thanking the driver once more, you went into your home and closed the door to immediately kick off your heels and go into the kitchen.

"God knows I didn't get enough to eat..." You grumbled, pulling out some fish from your fridge to make Salmon en Papillote. Cutting out a large oval of parchment paper before folding it neatly in half. You quickly chopped up some zucchini into thin slices before laying them down on the bottom before preparing the salmon and laying it on top. After putting on some dill, lemon slices, a bit of seasoning and then some olive oil, you folded it up and put it in the oven to bake.

"Alright, about 12 minutes and I will come back...in the meantime." You said, pulling out your phone as you started to clean off the counters. It rang for a moment until your fathers voice  came up, "How'd it go?"

"Uugghhhhhh!" You groaned in an exaggerated tone, hearing him chuckle from the other side. "Oh really? That bad hm?" "Yeah. I'm minus 800 dollars bad." You scrubbed off the cutting board as you heard his demeanor change into protective dad mode, "800?! You have to be shitting me! What the hell happened?"

"Well, he complained the whole time about the prices, the food was shitty, and conveniently he 'forgot' his wallet...after I paid and we left to go get it, he locked himself inside his house."

"Oh that wouldn't fly with me! I would've kicked down his door!" You giggled at your fathers riled up attitude, shaking your head a bit as you cleaned off your knife. "I didn't want to get arrested Dad...would have made the night worse."

"I would have bailed you out if you told me you broke in to get your money back! Fuck that guy!" He said dismissively. You could only imagine him sitting in his chair and waving his arm in the air with disapproval. "Yeah, fuck that guy."

"Don't stress about it hun, you'll find some guy who makes your heart triple in pace! That's how you know he's the one you love!"

You smiled, "Like you do for mom?" You heard the phone move as his voice echoed out a bit quieter. "Hey honey! Do I make your heart triple in pace?" Your mom's voice was much quieter, but you could still hear her banter clear as day. "Eh, maybe double."

"She said it quadrupled!" Your father replied to you, listening to your laugh at their interactions. "Sure she did dad...anyway, I'm making dinner so I can actually eat for free before I go to bed. So I'll talk to you later."

"Alright (Y/n), I love ya. Sleep well."

"You too dad. Tell mom I love you both."

"I will. Goodnight." He finished. "Goodnight." You said, pressing the 'end call' button as you recognized the silence of your house. Looking around, you took in the quiet scenery, everything you had grown so accustomed to over the years as you worked your way up. It was quaint, small, but cozy just like you enjoyed it. Drying your hands on a towel you sat on one of the counters and sighed.

Tomorrow was just another day.

________________

You speedily chopped up the vegetables and tossed them into the soup, listening to the chatter of customers outside as more and more orders came in. It was usually busy, especially at lunch time which it just so happened to be. Your restaurant was small, but you were currently saving up to buy a bigger place you had your eyes on for some time. You adored your team of cooks and usually they were composed, but today was a rush of people like you had never seen.