𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒔 - 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Aurora was bored, so she decided to explore Aleksanders old archives and notes, they were very interesting. Banned or books that were no longer in print were stored here. His, or their private collections, centuries worth.

But that's not what caught her attention, it was a box. Clearly hand crafted, and by the looks of it, a very inexperienced hand. A box you would make and give to someone else as a gift, the thought that counts.

What Aurora hadn't expected was the sun carvings, oranges beamed down by sun rays. The lock was long rusted away, clearly from years of use. When she pried the box open Aurora was shocked.

In the box were letters, all addressed to Aleksanders 'sun queen', all penned by the 'moon king'.

Aleksander had written to her for centuries, and seemingly kept every letter. Other trinkets, a yellow crystal in the shape of the sun, dried oranges, a box of tea.

These were little things that reminded him of her.

The letters were spilling out.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My beloved Sun Queen

Today I saw a girl with blonde hair in the market. I thought I heard your laugh. I chased her down the street, I remember when we used to play games like hide and seek.

She went to the pub, there was a field of flowers nearby, I knew it wasn't you, your favourite spot was always among the flowers.

Speaking of flowers, I planted a few, I always do. I have too keep moving alot, never staying in the same place too long. But I always leave some flowers, the wild kind, no proper roses here, only wildflowers for you to bask in among them.

I think I am leaving you a trail, hoping that if I plant enough you'll follow me, or find me.

Then we can have a picnic, I'll even bring some oranges

Love eternally, your Moon King

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My beloved Sun Queen

I was in the forest today, I have been for quite a while, the King's men are hunting me.

I saw a badger today, I had to stop myself from talking to it. Do you sometimes find your self talking to the animals here?

Do you miss how the trees used to dance?

Or are you still there?

The trees don't dance here, nor do the animals talk. No Telemarines or Narnians, no evil uncles but no you.

Where are you?

I miss you

Love eternally, your Moon King

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My beloved Sun Queen

Baghra suggested I get married today, it would improve our status in this life.

I told her about you, I don't think she understands. She doesn't talk about my father but I sense she loved him.

But no one had a love quite like us, did they?

I can't marry anyone else.

Our wedding day is one of my happiest memories, I will never forget you throwing cake in my face, only to passionately kiss it off in front of your father.

He couldn't look me in the eyes for weeks.

Is chocolate still your favourite flavour?

Or have you changed?

Love eternally, your Moon King

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

My beloved Sun Queen

Do you remember the day we met?

I thought you were a goddess, I know I joked about it. But when I sat in that cell and then you appeared I thought Aslan had sent me a goddess.

And then when he sent a star I could only think of you.

How even then you tainted my mind, aiming to control all my thoughts.

It has been centuries yet you still keep my mind occupied with oranges and tea.

You are truly a contagious thought, my heart beats faster with the mere thoughts of you that racks my brain, but then the ache settles in.

Have you found someone else, did you?

Or am I not alone in my thoughts and aches?

Just be happy

Love eternally, your Moon King

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I woke up and chose pain. enjoy :)