𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟒 - 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒄𝒉

Aurora was panicking, not out of fear for her life

Aurora was panicking, not out of fear for her life. She wasn't even sure she could die. She was scared about what Aleksander would do.

The last time her life was in danger it did not end well

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Eldora had been queen for a few months now, she was learning her way around the court and her duty as a Queen. The public loved her, and peace was in Narnia.

But it wasn't perfect, there was talk of a rebel group starting an uprising.

Caspian and her had been busy trying to disarm this group. Other than that life was pretty perfect.

But it changed when Aurora decided to go for a walk down to her flower field. It had been a busy day and she needed to relax.

As she lay in the flowers, basking in the heat of the sun she suddenly felt a rough hand on her mouth and the second pair of hands grabbing her body.

She opened her eyes to see masked men, carrying her out of the castle. She screamed, kicked, but they were stronger.

When Caspian had gone to find his wife, waiting to spend an afternoon in her arms, he found she wasn't in their chambers.

He asked the guards stationed by, they stated she was headed to the flower fields. When he arrived, to his horror he found destroyed flowers and a note pinned to the fence of the field.

"Your Queen has been taken, give us land or she perishes" it had the rebels group mark.

The castle had gone into a frenzy the King was doing everything possible to find his wife, and to not break down and cry.

He had never felt so useless, it had been hours since his wife had been kidnapped. The sun was just rising. That was the first sunrise that he did not enjoy, as he had no one to enjoy it with. He did not have his wife to stare at, watching her glow in the sun, scribing her nose as the light infiltrated their bed canopy.

Eventually, he had news reported to him. Caspian always prided himself on being a kind and caring ruler. He did not take life's if it was not absolutely ness art, every life whether Telemarine, Narina or anything else was important to him.

But when he and his spillers arrived at the rebel's location and he heard the whimpers of pain from his wife, he lost all thoughts of rationality.

He stabbed men left and right. He was ruthless.

When it came to Eldora he would do anything for her. And hurt anyone who dared hurt her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurora remembered when she was kidnapped, how her loving husband who glared at paper when she got a paper cut, became an angry machine of blood lust.

All because someone had hurt her.

Now he had shadows, he had ways of killing everyone in the room with barely a lift of a finger. She was not scared for herself, she was scared for them.

The King, she felt no pity for him. His pathetic spies trailing her and Aleksander constantly. The books of witchcraft were taken from the library. The man was an idiot, she just hoped Aleksander wouldn't drag out his inevitable death.

The guards were gripping her so hard she couldn't help but let out a scream of pain.

When she was shoved into the King's war room, surrounded by Lords and Generals and the King. Stupid man.

She saw Aleksander, he instantly turned to her when he saw the door open.

Ivan was also in the room, he didn't look smug or disguised like he did when she was usually in the room. Instead, he looked regretful and guilty.

The King finally broke the tense silence of the room. "Ah finally our witch is here"

"She is no witch" Aleksander calmly stated, to calm. She had heard that clam before. Like the soft petals of a flower, coated in a thick layer of ice. Sharp and ready to spike.

Now the Apparat came forward he started humming some gibberish. Aurora recognised it as a spell to break a curse. The idiots actually thought she had cursed him.

After the Apparat finished mumbling his 'curse breaker', he turned to the King and stated that "It is done".

That made the guards take their queue to push her forward.

The King stood up, "You can't harm anyone anymore witch, it is time for you to burn".

"No" a calm voice stated, still as icy cold as before.

This made the King turn to his General "But the spell has broken, you are free from her spells"

"You are an idiot, she had not cursed me nor performed any witchcraft. You would openly burn a sun summoner. You are a fool"

The King looked taken back. But Aleksander continued.

"I have worked under you for years, watched as you drank yourself away and take advantage of girls, abusing your power. I have watched you destroy this country" shadows starting to rise from the ground and nearing the king. "Hundreds of war meetings, turning up late and drunk. I say this as the most powerful man in Ravka, everyone in this room is over your destruction of this country"

The shadows started locking around the King's throat.

Not a single guard, nor Lord, nor General spoke up. Or attempted to stop this killing. Everyone agreed with the Darkling, while feared, was powerful and he knew how to govern a country.

When life drained from the King. Aleksander immediately went over to where Aurora was on the ground attempting to regain feeling in her arms.