𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟔 - 𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕

The room went silent, the glow started fading

The room went silent, the glow started fading. A lion was in the middle of the room. Aslan, in all his power. Guards started to come to their senses, loading their guns and pointing it, but this was no mere prey for guns.

Aurora and Aleksander, frozen in shock. Aslan, they were slightly bitter about being separated, whether that was Aslan's plan or not.

But he was still Aslan. And when the lion spoke up, half the room fainted in shock, "King Caspian the Tenth and Queen Eldora the bright, how long it has been"

No one had ever seen the Darkling get on his knees for anyone, other than Aurora. Even when he served the king it was always respected bows, never on his knees.

Both him and Aurora had left their thrones and were on their knees, bowing to Aslan.

"Aslan why are you here?" Aurora broke the silence first.

"I am sorry to disturb this life of yours, but Narina needs you"

Alina couldn't control the gasp, the giant lion in the room was obvious enough but this was the official connection. Her friend, who couldn't wake up for any reason other than food, was the sun queen, but that made the Darkling the moon king.

This peaked Aleksanders attention, Ravka was his future, and Aurora was home, but Narina was his past. Aurora and Aleksander rose, standing as the royals they always had been.

"What do you require of us?"

At this Aslan created some form of projection, Aurora and Aleksander's hearts ached at the sight of Nairna. Caspian and Eldora had restored Cair Paravel.

The Grand Palace did not look so grand next to Cair Paravel. The projection Aslan made seemed to be more of a doorway, as two minotaurs were walking past, looked through and saw the lost King and Queen. Immediately they bowed and praised Aslan.

The room was silent, everyone was so distressed and disoriented. Confusion was thick in the air. Alina seemed to have the best understanding but was still confused about how Aurora had lived another life.

"Are you willing to help your people?" Aslan asked.

A beat of silence passed through the room.

Aurora and Aleksander turned to face each other, they both ached to go back, even if it was for a short time. Slowly they nodded and turned around. "Yes"

Timed to perfect. "Do not fear, you will not lose any time in this world. And you will be rewarded for your bravery"

They joined hands again, crowns of black and white, moon eclipse and sunrise. The moon king and sun queen, we're going back to their past.

As they walked through the door, time froze in Ravka.

What did Aslan need them for after all this time?