𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟒- 𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔

King Caspian the Tenth had just been thrown into jail with Edmund

King Caspian the Tenth had just been thrown into jail with Edmund. The slave traders had taken Lucy and Eustace. Things were not looking good.

But then they saw a man, clearly aged by the time he spent looking up. Caspian thought he would've been mad, if not for the sad remorseful gleam in his eyes.

When he discovered that this was Lord Bern, Caspian was ecstatic. He finally had a lead on this 'calling' that he had.

All was well until he heard it. It sounded like someone was climbing the wall. And there she was.

And at that moment all thoughts about the Lord went out of his head. All he could focus on was her. She must have scaled up the wall and was now sitting on the windowsill.

That night was the day that Caspian grew to love the sun.

It was a golden hour and she looked like an angel sent from the sun. Dressed in a yellow sundress, holding a bag of oranges.

That calling feeling that had led him to go on this mission stopped. It was content.

When she started to speak, Caspian thought height faint. "Hey dad I found some oran-" she stopped as their eyes met. This moment was determined by the stars. Destined for their souls to meet.

Edmund quickly cleared his throat, Caspian and Eldora both blushed and looked away. Lord Bern and Edmund watched in amusement.

"Sorry I didn't know there would be more prisoners to free" Eldora quickly stated, eyes focusing on him.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aleksander would revisit that day a lot in his mind. Sharing oranges with each other. It became a running joke between the two.

Every time one would leave to attend to business, they would return with a bag of oranges as a joke.

The second that Caspian had seen Eldora kick a slaver where the sun doesn't shine, and then proceed to bully him with insults about his haircut, was when he knew he was in love. Even if it had been only a few hours of knowing each other, the stars knew.

After escaping the prison cell with Edmund, Caspian and Eldora talked all night.

Then the next morning Caspian finally had someone to leave. He promised he would return when they had found all the lords' swords.

The kiss she gave him before he left would permanently be ingrained in his head. Kissing Susan was nice and content. Kissing Eldora was anything but, desperation, happiness, love and tongue were all communicated through that kiss.

The village would talk about their love for centuries. The mosaic depicting their love shined over the spot he left.

A few years into his life Aleksander attempted to paint the image of Eldora sitting on a prison window ledge, with a golden hue lighting up her features, it was constantly playing in his mind.

After a few years of marriage, there were images of her, in the morning snuggled into his chest, images of her, soaking him in a water fight, images of her underneath him, screaming his name.

But that image of her, the day they met was the one that played the most in Aleksanders head.