𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟖 - 𝒓𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒚

Eldora and Caspian had just come back from their honeymoon, and now it was time to face the music for Eldora

Eldora and Caspian had just come back from their honeymoon, and now it was time to face the music for Eldora. Before Caspain she was a girl who looked after the local village kids, now she was a Queen.

Caspian had been training his whole life, Eldora had not. There were quite a few things that her father, Lord Bern had taught her. Creating games out of walking around with a book on your head for perfect posture. Or training horse riding like princesses in a battle, but they had not been able to afford horses. And Eldora quickly learnt that riding a donkey in a simple dress was very different from riding a horse in a gown.

It was especially hard when she was extremely stubborn and hated losing, so even if Caspain had years more experience she was not going to let him win this race to this mystery location.

Caspian had all but dragged her out of bed and told her to meet him in the stables as soon as she could.

She did not expect to end up on a cliff watching the sunrise with a picnic. Oranges included, obviously.

No matter how many she looked at Caspain she would never get used to seeing the pure love in his eyes.

While the stars, hidden by the light of the sun rejoiced, the ocean below stirred.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurora never knew why it was so stressful meeting a king or queen. Both her and Caspain had been fair, kind and comparing rulers. The entire country of Narina knew this. But as she was getting ready to meet the King and Queen and demonstrate her sun summoning, she understood the nerves of her past people.

Wearing a clean First Army uniform, she and Aleksander walked from the Healers with Aurora's fully healed leg to the Grand Palace.

As the giant building came to view Aleksander stated that it was 'the ugliest building he had seen. This made Aurora laugh, at him and his aesthetics.

"Ah, yes it has nothing on Cair Paravel or our castle, does it?". Aleksander turned to face her at this moment. Meeting his eyes held that same powerful amount of love.

"No, it doesn't compare to your beauty"

"Did- did you just flirt with me? We are married. You do remember that old man?"

"Yes I remember our wedding quite clearly" Aleksander then leaned in with a smirk. "But I remember our wedding night better"

Aurora couldn't stop the blush that went from her ears all the way to her neck. She playfully hit his shoulders in retaliation.

"And that reminds me that we aren't technically married in this world".

"Well, we could always find the Apparat?"

"Oh please, you haven't even taken me out on a date nor proposed. You are going to have to do better than that" The smirk never left her mouth, much like the amused glint in her eyes.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Entering the Grand Palace was intimidating, but Aurora was always brave. She straightened her back, looking more regal than any Royal present in the room. Minus Aleksander because he always oozed respect.

The Queen spoke up first "I thought she would be taller?"

Then the king "she almost looks Fjerdan, with all that blonde hair"

Aurora was no stranger to criticism. Aleksander on the other hand was close to murdering the King and Queen.

As the conversation between the Royals and Aleksander continued, it was finally time for Aurora to display her powers. She and Aleksander had been practising but she was nowhere near anything too extreme.

As Aurora lit up the room, Aleksander could only look at her. Her smile and content look on her face. She would scrunch up her nose anytime she used her power. He couldn't help but stare.

After their display, while walking the gardens the topic of kefta's came out. Aleksander wanted nothing more than to see Aurora in his colours, she decided to take a different route. "I am not wearing black just to fit your aesthetic Aleksander!"

The next morning a gold kefta with white embroidering was delivered.

The moon might cover up the sun in darkness but the sun lights it up.