𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟑 - 𝒓𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

Being pregnant sucked

Aurora had just started morning sickness. Aleksander was painicked. Being a shadow summoner and the Darkling did not require knowledge on pregnancy, even after the books Aurora made him read.

Seeing someone you love going through pain, and then you being in pain from them hitting you because 'You did this to me!" was not enjoyable.

But keeping the pregnancy from the public was beginning to be difficult. And with Aurora's past as a midwife she knew what to expect, but that didn't make it any less annoying or painful.

It was around week fourteen, and while Aurora usually loved the fitted look of kefta, when trying to cover pregnancy, a fitted kefta was not ideal. And at this point, everyone had begun to suspect she was pregnant anyway.

And Aleksander wasn't helping at all. For a man created from darkness and the shadows, being discreet about his wife's pregnancy was not one of them. Whether it be showing up at the kitchens for the first time in his life at the Palace to order weird combinations of food, to having his hand on her stomach constantly and never leaving her side.

Aurora thought it was cute and comforting but he was beginning to get on her nerves. He basically refused to leave her side, she would sit in his office and read all day, they would go on walks, he would help her bathe.

It was sweet at the start, now she wanted to go do something on her own. So that's what she did, she went to visit Genya and David, who had recently moved into one of the new Grisha couple houses after they finally had the balls to do something. Aurora and the entire materialki had a celebration.

So when Genya and Aurora caught each other up on what they couldn't say in Aleksander's office, they failed to realize that the King was going into panic mode. When he retired from the bathroom, expecting to see his pregnant wife on her couch in his office, only to find it open, he panicked.

The guards stated that she walked into the Little Palace, but didn't see her after that. Aleksander searched the whole Little Palac, not finding Aurora. He thought she had gone to visit the young children.

Seeing the King run around the Palace guards and into the new couple's room, only to arrive completely flustered and out of breath, leaning on the door frame for support was quite the sight for Aurora and Genya.

That's when Aurora realized she had a protective husband and didn't leave a note. Oops.

But after some contained giggles from Genya and Aurora, Aleksander and Aurora made their way back up the Grand Palace. "I like the name Crya for a girl, it is a sun-related name"

"And you call me the narcissist"

"Have you seen me, I am allowed to be a narcissist. I am literally pregnant and I look like a goddess."

All Aleksander could do to that statement was dumbly nod his head, Aurora always took his breath away. She was truly the most incredible person alive.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Hey, I am currently writing a Harry Potter crossover with the Grishaverse, I had a dream about it and I need to write about it. Just thought I would let you guys know if you are interested :)))