𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟏𝟏- 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆

Due to the discovery of a sun summoner, a celebration was of order, or so the King demanded

Due to the discovery of a sun summoner, a celebration was of order, or so the King demanded. Aleksander was currently getting ready in his chambers, or more so theirs. Aurora and him as well as her and Baghra had made serious improvements and progress. She was about half as powerful as him and had half the control he had.

She had been whisked away by Genya and a few other girls to get ready for the ball. She had left the room with a pouting Aleksander at his desk.

What a waste of time, Aleksander thought. They were already having another ball in a few weeks for Aurora to display her powers.

This was just an excuse for the King to drink himself to death and for the Queen to dress up.

Aleksander hated these things, in Narina they had been a time for celebration, like Grisha events. This however was just an unnecessary display of wealth.

He quickly forgot all thoughts and complaints when he turned and saw her walking down the stairs. She was dressed in a blue dress, she looked as if she was floating down the stairs, like an angel.

Aleksander couldn't help, his breath had just been blown away by his wife, or ex-wife because Aurora loved to bully him about not technically being married in this world.

Narina had seen the love the couple had. Ravka had not.

General Kirigan had a repetition of almost all the nobles and high class. He was a Grisha, and the most powerful one at that. He was a good general and protected his Grisha. He never had a woman on his arms at parties nor drunk enough or anything to get drunk.

To see the always calm and collected general slightly flushed by a woman, was a sight to see. He even reached over to a server nearby and chugged an entire glass of champagne.

Only a select few saw this, everyone else was focused on the sun summoner, the mysterious Aurora Popov.

However, this select few included the king's spies and Ivan.

The rest of the party saw a slightly red, but calm General Kirigan walk up to the sun summoner and offer her his arm.

The sun and moon. Light and dark. Completely balanced. Ever the royal couple the two took their power and influence in stride. Looking more powerful and royal than the King and Queen themselves, and arguably they were.

Ravkan politics were a mess, everyone knew the King was a useless drunk and the Queen a vain beauty.

General Kirigan however, while feared, was respected. He had worked hard to get to his place, fought wars, been hunted and built a safe haven for all Grisha. And having pure sunshine on his arm to balance out the darkness that everyone was scared of, the Darkling had slowly built a room full of supporters, silently wishing he was the King instead.

This information was useful considering the King had been staring at Aurora's chest the entire conversation and Aleksander was not against committing High treason, especially since he would be doing Ravka a favour anyway.

But all it took to calm his anger was one small smile from Aurora. '

His sunshine