𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟔 - 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉 𝒊𝒕

Aleksander and Aurora were truly content, ruling not only one but two kingdoms should really take a toll on a person, yet here they were stronger than ever

They were a united front, all of them. The Darkling, the shadow summoner, husband and father. Aurora, the sun summoner, wife and mother. Baghra, shadow summoner, mother and grandmother, a title she never saw herself as.

And Crya, the balance, hair a reminder of the true power she possesses, deep silk black, just like her fathers and the shadows they could summoner, but only on the top of her head, the other half a strong white. She truly was a balance.

And lastly, Sirius, who had eaten more of the awful decoration leftover from the Lanstovs. Aleksander would always act like he hated the thing, but Aurora saw him snuggling up, or sneaking little bits of meat at the dining table, after criticising Crya for doing the same.

In fact, Aurora thought they were quite similar, not that she would ever tell him, but they both had the same dramatic and petty attitudes, and they both had the audacity to have stars in their eyes. She really couldn't resist their eyes, including Sirius' literal puppy dog eyes.

It had been two years since Aurora and Aleksander were reunited that day on the fold. Every day since has felt like pure bliss. There were hardships, and Aleksander's ghosts to deal with, but Aurora was slowly clearing out the closet with Aleksander.

Looking at his family, Aleksander couldn't help but understand why men went to wars over families. Long ago, since a girl had scaled the prison wall and offered him a smile and an orange, at that moment he understood why men went to war for love.

But he never understood the want for a family, Caspian was just happy to be with Eldora, his sun wanted to be with him. Then they fell pregnant and he understood. He opened a space up in his heart, then when that space was never filled with love, he filled it with shadows.

But then he saw Aurora, that day, his sun summoner, unconscious and hurt. He wanted to scream from the top of his lungs, proclaiming that his love was back, but he would be content with holding her in his arms, whispering those proclamations in her ears in the carriage.

But then he had Aurora now, but that hole was still filled with shadows, and with Aurora back he didn't feel the empty sensation anymore, there was no need to fill his heart with shadows when his light was back

But sitting in the shadows, watching his sun read to all the Grisha, watching the joy on her face. He felt like he hadn't seen the smile since she pounced on him and screamed that she was pregnant.

Then she told him her concerns, she felt as if she was failing him, keeping him from being truly happy. But she was all he needed to be happy. She was the sun and he was the moon.

Then Crya came, and he finally let the shadows go, he opened up the hole to be filled with giggles, first words, first steps. He had never been happier.

It seemed that Aslan gave him the world. The stars above them rejoiced at the life they had made.

Aleksander knew that every day watching the sunset, knowing that he hadn't seen Aurora. Watching every face in a crowd, his heart leaping at every head of golden blonde. The nightmares of seeing Aurora in the fold, the days where he would tear up at the mere sight of oranges. The days where he would come home with a bag of oranges, only to be greeted with an empty home.

Centuries of pain was worth it.

All for her.

Watching her as the sunset, playing with his giggling child, watching has she spun her light across the lake to form a rainbow, bringing delightful little noises from his daughter. Every tear was worth his sun.