𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟕 - 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒏𝒔

Returning to Narnia felt almost wrong, walking into the world, surrounded by their people that had gathered around to greet their lost King and Queen

Returning to Narnia felt almost wrong, walking into the world, surrounded by their people that had gathered around to greet their lost King and Queen. Aleksander felt as if he didn't deserve the title. Caspian did, but that was centuries ago, time might not have affected him with wrinkles, but it left other marks.

The shadow still followed him, haunted now. Stark reminders of his past and his actions. He wanted to blame the centuries that shaped him, made him create the fold. But then he looked at Aurora, she had been around for centuries, not even having a parent to guide her and she didn't do anything bad. She didn't crave the power or luxuries that they had. She didn't let her ambitions run the race for her.

He did and it haunted him.

Seeing kind and loving people bowing to him from respect and love, not fear. It was refreshing but it felt wrong. If he could go back and change his actions he would. Not just because it hurt Aurora or might catch up to him. He felt guilty.

True guilt, being back in Narina reminded him of the young child taken from him and Aurora, a life so precious and valued. Yet he had taken so many lives without a care, telling himself that it was for the good of Ravka, so if he ever saw her again she would be proud of the man he was. She had taken lives, confessed to him as they laid, huddled together in bed, catching up on centuries of life. She had killed drunk men that wouldn't stop at no, she had been at war and killed for her country.

He wasn't proud of the man he was. No one should love him, yet his literal ball of sunshine did.

Aurora, or Eldora as she was back in Narnia was wrapped in the arms of her father.

She deserved happiness, pure happiness and nothing else and Aleksander knew he would do anything and everything to ensure that happened.

No kingdom or country mattered. Only her and her happiness.

"Caspian, look we are back"

The name hadn't felt like his since he was here when he created the fold that was Aleksander, not Caspian. But the sound of it from her lips made him feel worthy of it again. He was going to be Caspain again because she deserved Caspian, not Aleksander.

She deserved a kind, caring, loyal king. She didn't deserve an ambitious, dark, evil King.

So he would change, and as he turned to look at her running down the castle, greeting everyone with a smile. Not the smile that she wore, the centuries she existed present it that smile. Not the smile that had lived through centuries of pain, it was the smile of youthful ignorance. The smile that lights up the world. The smile that made his heart skip a beat.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aslan needed them. Why?

Eldora and Caspian couldn't tell. Everything seemed fine. Lords told them about the prospering fields, peace between all nations, hunger no longer a problem. Everything in Narnia seemed perfect.

Aslan had yet to make an appearance. Eldora thought that maybe they needed Narina more than Narina needed them. Aleksander seemed like a changed man, while she loved both Caspian and Aleksander there was something about the brave, charismatic King that drew her in.

Aleksander was always so calm and collected, even if he broke his facade to her, Caspian was different. He was hot-headed, amazing but bold.

She couldn't choose which one, lucky she had both.

Seeing the man she fell in love with was interesting, Caspian was laughing and joking around. Aleksander did that with her, but not anyone else in Ravka consistently.

What Eldora nor Caspian had noticed was how the plants grew towards them as they walked around the castle. Nor how the water was clearer when they swam in the rivers. They didn't notice how sunny the days were when they were happy.

It had been a week, and they were falling into their old patterns, Eldora could be seen lounging in a field of flowers, braiding an intricate flower crown. Placed the flower crown on Caspains head, which was in her lap.

They were happy and content to bask in the Narnia sun, making flower crowns, swimming to the river, attending balls with Lords and Narnians.

Aslan approached them after a week in Narina, "Now that time as reunited you, together you can rule Narina as it was destined by the stars."

But Aslan was there, on the other side, waiting with a knowing look. Narina might need them, but they needed Narnia. They would be back.