𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟖 - 𝒂𝒏𝒙𝒊𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔

Aurora was suspicious, Aleksander dealt with most of the politics, she just commanded him when she wanted something to happen

Aurora was suspicious, Aleksander dealt with most of the politics, she just commanded him when she wanted something to happen. Had he would usually do it, they were not at odds about the fold anymore.

With her free time, she spent a majority of it in the Little Palace, with her friends. Aleksander had recommended her to do this. That's why she was suspicious, one moment Aleksander is drunk complaining about her lack of attention then he is suggesting that she 'bonds' with the new Grisha, for the sake of Ravka.

The new Grisha just happened to be an adorable young child, she knew that he wanted children or at least a child. Aurora wasn't opposing, she just didn't want to get fat. And the whole 'miracle of birth' crap, she had filled her centeries with many jobs. One of those jobs was being a midwife.

There was just a shit ton of pain and for a wet little alien-looking thing, obviously, they became cuter later. But she couldn't help but grimace at the thought of it. She had another factor stopping her, medicine in Narnia wasn't as advanced as it was in Ravka, during her midwife training she learnt about infertility.

She wouldn't voice these insecurities to Aleksander, she knew that if she was he would let go of the idea and try to support her, but the gleam in his eyes around the children in Narnia. Well, she just couldn't get that thought out of her eye.

They were content, they always would be, they had centuries to catch up on and eternity to love, Aurora felt greedy asking for more.

Even though Aleksander would never say anything, would he be disappointed for not being a father? Kings had remarried for less, and Aleksander never would. She knew she was being ridiculous but those anxieties kept building up in her.

They kept building up in her as she told the children stories, and played hide and seek with them. They kept building in her when Aleksander would walk past the Little Palace, his gaze staying on the children, laughing with joy.

These anxieties kept building in her, consuming her thoughts, she knew it was stupid. Many people might be infertile, she wasn't even sure that she was. Many people had it way worse and it's not like she and Aleksander needed hiers, not that they would have kids just for that reason.

This night she was pacing in her and Aleksander's room, he was in the next room, working. These anxieties just kept building in her. Aleksander could tell something had been off for weeks. But he did not expect his wife, how he loved that word, to be pacing in their chambers.

Instantly he went to her side, confused and concerned. That's when she broke down, telling him all her worries, anxieties spilling out of her. He had wrapped arms around her, her safe place.

He felt horrible that he had put these pressures on her. She assured him that he had no part in it, but he knew that was not the case.

As she calmed down, only sniffing, he guided them to the bed. She fell asleep in his arms and immediately fell asleep. Aleksander didn't sleep a wink that night, his thoughts too loud for the quiet of sleep to contain them. He promised to himself that he would not harm her, yet here she was, for weeks.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurora was on her way to the healers, she had talked to Baghra. Surprisingly she had been the one to come with her. Aleksander had been nothing but supportive, never pushing the topic. Even though it was stupid Aurora still felt guilty.

But all her anxieties seemed to disappear after a quick but awkward visit to the healers. Maybe bringing your mother-in-law wasn't her best idea. The first question asked was about her and Aleksanders 'material activities', when she confused the daily number, the look on Baghra's face made her want to crawl in a hole and die and the blush that coated the healer's face said enough about the number.

Then when the healer cleared her, claiming she was perfectly fertile, she suggested the possibility that the King was infertile.

That led to another awkward meeting with the healers and Aleksander.

But at least Baghra wasn't there for that meeting.

Although Aurora, much to Aleksander's enjoyment, got jealous for once. When the healer asked for him to strip, he saw how Aurora's grip on the chair increased, making her hands white.

After that show, he made sure to start the baby making progress, now that it was clear they were both fertile, healthy, not so young and Aurora stopped the concoction made for her every morning. The most beautiful and stunning woman in the world, jealous of him. Well, Aleksander couldn't resist, fucking her on the bed as soon as the healer left the ward.