𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟐𝟒 - 𝒌𝒗𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

Aleksander was jealous

It was the week of his and Aurora's wedding and Alina and Mal had arrived. It had been two months since the path was created and Aurora had last seen them. He personally didn't see why the mapmaker and tracker were so important to Aurora. She had him. They were reunited.

Yesterday she even slept with Alina, walking to their chambers early in the morning, acting like nothing was wrong. And nothing was wrong, except the fact that he couldn't sleep without her in his arms, he tossed and turned all night. The smell of honey and oranges was still on his sheets. He knew it was early in the morning.

Aleksander Morovoza was a man of pride. He was not just going to ask Aurora for her attention, just because he was feeling a little left out. He was centuries old, created the fold, the most powerful Grisha, a King, but he was jealous of a mapmaker and a tracker.

He would never tell Aurora this, he wanted to be her whole world. He wanted her world to revolve around him, and him only. Most would call him greedy. He was.

She was his whole world, they had experienced two worlds, loved two lives and always ended up together, he didn't believe in fate until the day of the fold. Seeing Aurora's leg ripped open by his own creation had played another part in accepting to create a path in it.

His heart hadn't been the same since, he was happy again, getting drunk on her instead of her memories every night. With a roll of his eyes, almost every night if not for the 'important' girl sleepover with Alina he thought, bitter with jealousy.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Darkling rarely allowed himself to indulge. He always had a sweet tooth, but only rarely let himself indulge. He liked kvas, and would drink politely at occasions and events, but never enough to affect him in the sightless unlike the others there. He was always on high alert and had strict self-control.

But she always killed his self-control.

Baghra was slightly concerned, she and her son had a unique relationship to put it lightly. She had seen him leave to wars and come back stronger or create a new one. However, she had not seen him drunk, nor possibly crying since he was a teen boy who found her kvas stash.

This was quite a sight for Baghra to walk into, her so seemingly 'perfect' son to society stumbling onto one of the chairs in her hut, tearing up?

Considering recent events, and how Aurora had not been visiting as frequently the last week she assumed this was the reason for her sons 'issues'.

She would call him out for the lovesick fool he was if she wasn't herself longing for someone, and she did like Aurora.

"What is wrong son?"

The man in front of her was staring into the bottom of his kvas, tears cascading down his flushed cheeks.

Her son was truly an idiot, she was glad she was getting a daughter soon who had her son wrapped around her finger.

"She only spent breakfast with me today," he sniffled.

Saints! She should have prayed for a daughter!

"Why, do you miss her?"

It was an obvious question but she needed to fill time, the guard she sent to fetch Aurora might take a while. And her son was annoying, how Aurora put up with him and his actions and pettiness was beyond her.

"YES" Aleksander drunkenly slurred. "She is always busy, planning the wedding, and she won't let me make everything black, and now her friends are here. Stupid tracker and mapmaker. I can track and make maps, it's not that hard." Aleksander continued his rant until a knock at the door signalled that Aurora was here.

As the girl peeked her head into the room, she surveyed the scene. You did not the Darkling drunk and crying every day after all. His face lit up like a toddler when he spotted her, then he seemed to remember his reasons for being in this state and turned around, pouting. He actually grabbed his old stuffed toy that Baghra had saved from his childhood and pouted.

Aurora quickly walked over to Baghra, "What is wrong with him?"

Baghra just rolled her eyes. 

What wasn't wrong with him?

"He is sad that you are spending time with people other than him, then the idiot got drunk. I'm tired and going to bed. He is your problem now." at that she walked into another room, leaving the pouting, drunk Aleksander and a thoroughly confused Aurora.

"Hey I'm sorry you feel ignored but why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't feel ignored"

"Then why are you clutching a teddy and pouting"

Aleksander didn't respond to this, so Aurora pulled him up and leaned his arm over her shoulder. He was a whole foot taller than her, and most of the time she loved their height gap, this was not one of them.

Attempting to half carry a drunk Aleksander across the courtyard and into their chambers was hard work, but so worth it. After all, if she hadn't she wouldn't be able to listen to drunk Aleksander complain about how beautiful his future wife is going to be, and she is amazing.

Aurora and Baghra made a silent promise that they were never going to let Aleksander forget this.