𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝟑𝟓- 𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚

Ravka celebrated the birth of their new saint, with no promises that the child would or would not be Grisha, but Aleksander felt the power in Crya the second he touched her

Ravka celebrated the birth of their new saint, with no promises that the child would or would not be Grisha, but Aleksander felt the power in Crya the second he touched her. Being a living amplifier had its perks.

The thing is in the first three months of Crya's life he hadn't seen her display any of her powers and he could decide between Auror's light and his darkness.

And those three months were very busy, Baghra had surprisingly been the biggest help. Aleksander didn't know how many centuries his mother had lived nor the exact date of when he was last a baby but it seemed time did not erase the tricks and trips Baghra taught the new parents.

She was surprisingly a great and willing babysitter, but that might have something to do with his confinement of Aurora to the Grand Palace, she could go for walks with the child but she had to be heavily guarded. Many countries wanted them dead, to weaken the Darkling, he would not allow Aurora nor Crya to see any harm.

Genya and David were also taking their positions as godparents very well, as well as Alina and Mal. They were living in one of the new Grisha couple houses, it really only took Aurora's puppy eyes to get Aleksander to say yes and exclude them from army service and live in the Grand Palace.

Slough Aurora did threaten him to start calling Mal his name and not 'the tracker'. But again Aleksander would do anything just to see a smile on his wife's face, even if it did leave him with a slightly bruised arm, that woman was short but could pack a punch.

Aleksander begrudgingly had to leave his palace and visit Shu Han, they were agreeing to a peace treaty. This, unfortunately, meant he had to travel to Shu Han, leaving Aurora and Crya.

But this painful week was gone and he would finally be with Aurora and Crya again, if his men questioned why they needed to stop at the markets in Os Alta for oranges, they did not question it.

Aurora cried and jumped in his arms the second they were in their chambers, it seemed they had both gotten clingy, and in only a week his daughter seemed so much bigger.

And something else was running around their personal chambers, a tiny black dog.

"Siriusly Aurora, a puppy?"

"I found him trapped in between the walls of the Palace gates, his little paw was injured. And then I cleaned him. Then Crya spotted him and they played together, it is so cute"

"I leave for one week and you add to our family" Aleksander explained. His tone might suggest he hated the dog but the way his eyes softened at the literal puppy dog eyes and immediately picked up the dog with Crya in his other hand. He looked like such a dad, Aurora couldn't help but laugh at the image of the murderous Darkling being defeated by a puppy.

Aleksander just sighed, the dog was too cute. "I was thinking of the name Sirius, I have a sun name and so does Aurora. And the Sirius constellation is literally called the dog star, just look at his cute little padded paws."