"I'll be right back," I mutter and walk towards the door.

"Aria?!" I exclaim in surprise, looking directly into her jade-green eyes.

"Hey, Liv. I'm so sorry to disturb you, but..." Her voice trails off as she looks down at her feet.

I watch her expectantly and wait for her to speak on, but she remains silent.

"But?" I ask with a frown, almost feeling bad for her. She looks like a picture of misery, standing in front of me with her head bowed and her hands nervously fumbling around.

"I was wondering if I could use your shower?" She raises her head and gives me an uneasy smile.

"Uh..." My frown deepens and I shoot her a questioning look.

"I have problems with my warm water," Aria explains, huffing in annoyance. "Again. I'll be poor if the plumber won't be able to fix this permanently soon."

I intently roll my eyes. Zach has told me how high Aria's salary is. I'm sure even if the plumber would need to come every day, she would still have more money than I do. Much more.

"Okay, come in," I offer after thinking for a second and exhale deeply.

Even though I hate the thought of her using the same shower as me and Zach, not letting her in would be a bit too cruel for my liking.

"Oh god, thank you so much. Let me get my towel and fresh clothes real quick. I'll be back in a minute." Aria smiles in relief and rushes back into her own apartment.

Waiting for her to return, I lean against the door frame and close my eyes. Again, my thoughts wander back to Zach and, once more, I wonder what he is doing right now and if he's feeling okay.

"Oh Lord, Liv, get your shit together!" I mutter to myself and pinch the bridge of my nose. I need to switch off my worries tonight. At least for a bit. I just need to remind myself that he's in good hands at the hospital. That shouldn't be that hard, right?

Once Aria returns with her stuff, we both go inside and stop in the living room where my girls look at the new guest with widened eyes.

"Aria doesn't have any warm water. She's using our shower," I explain before any of my friends can make a snidey remark. I'm really not in the mood for arguing tonight.

"Oh," Abbey raises her eyebrow, but gives Aria a tiny smile while Hailey is glaring at the blonde beauty, and Sadie just looks at her with a neutral face.

"Alright," Aria nervously smiles at me once more. "I'll be quick, Liv. Thank you again."

"What the actual fuck, Olivia?!" Hailey hisses as soon as Aria has closed the bedroom door behind her. "Why would you let this bitch into your apartment?"

"Would you stop nagging, Hailey?" I call out, annoyed about her grousing. "Why the fuck did you even come if everything what I do is so fucking dumb?"

"Let's not fight tonight, okay?" Sadie intervenes with her typical soft voice with which she always smooths down any differences in our group. "These girl's nights have become rare lately, let's have fun and enjoy it!"

Downing my second glass of wine in one go, I already start to regret giving in to Zach's suggestion to invite my friends over. This evening was nothing but exhausting, unpleasant, and annoying so far.

"Sadie's right," Abbey chimes in, smiling broadly. Her green eyes shimmer mischievously while she sips at her wine. "Let's play truth or dare!"

"Oh god," I roll my eyes. "No games. Please!"