29. Goodbye my lovely

Wilbur POV

"Niki, take Fundy and get him out of here." I said, turning to the window in my office that overlooked L'Manburg, my unfinished symphony.

"Will, wait a second," Niki started, but I cut her off. "No Niki. Please. Take him, keep him safe, get out of here. What I'm planning to do will hurt everybody and I don't want to hurt my son and best friend. So please, just go." Tears brimmed my eyes and I tried to hold them in in an attempt not to break down.

"Will." Niki pleaded. "Please Niki! For me, please." I yelled as my tears threatened to fall.

I heard a soft sigh come from her before footsteps exiting the room. I was alone again. Hopefully, if everything went right Niki and Fundy would be alive and long gone before I let my haven burn.

I clenched the window frame and let my tears fall, silently crying to myself. I begged Fundy to forgive me and my actions. I begged that he would stay safe and alive with Niki to protect him. I trusted them. I just wanted them to live.

I had wanted to live.

I stare again across my land, a place where you could be, safe from the hellish outside of bloodshed and murder. I sobbed knowing that with what was going to happen I was only going to be bringing that outside in.

Young Wilbur would've wanted me to keep fighting it, to make L'Manburg bigger and better, somewhere you didn't have to worry about burning in flames. Somewhere you could trust the person running it too. And all I could do was cry for him.

Young Wilbur wanted happiness and peace and looked forward to so much. He thought life would be great and happy, he thought he would get to see his brothers grow old, that he would be stupid and young and get to really live.

Oh how young me was wrong. So very very wrong.

I continued to sob, staring at the lighter in hand. Last night I spread gasoline around, praying that when I dropped the lighter that everything would just go up in flames and burn.

I flicked the lighter on and off, contemplating everything. Everything I had created, every decision I had ever made.

I heard footsteps walk up the stairs and stop at my door. "Niki I thought I told you to leave." I said looking up to sho he away again, only to be staring at Dream.

"Hello Wilbur." He said. "Hello Dream." I replied, flicker the lighter again.

"I want something from you." He said, still not moving from the doorway. "Yeah? What would that be?" "I want you to destroy L'Manburg."

I guess we wanted the same thing.

"You and me both Dream." I flicked the lighter once more.

"And guess what," I asked, "you're going to get it." I stood up looking him in the eye, pulling the trigger on the lighter, wrapping a small band around it, and dropping it to the floor.

Dream just stare at me in shock. I guess he didn't know I had also gone a bit insane. I sat and watched the room burn. My desk, the shelves, everything. I felt content.

"I get what you feel about this Dream. We both went insane after we lost someone we both loved. I get the fact that it never sat right with you. But you had no right to take my brother away from me like that, just to run away from us like a coward. You're a coward Dream, a fucking coward. And I can't wait to watch you burn, just like you will in hell. And guess what, maybe I'll see you there." I spat.

The fire had press to the outside now, moving rapidly, people flailing around screaming for help, trying to climb the walls to escape but failing miserably. They were all going to die, and it was all my fault. But I didn't care.

I turned to say something to Dream, but he was on the floor, dead hopefully. I turned my gaze back to what I had created.

Oh L'Manburg, my great unfinished symphony. You sang for me, and I never replied, I never sang back, I just listened to you struggle to carry out your final notes, leading to a loud and fiery fermata, leading you to carry out the last sound before being motioned to stop.

Goodbye my lovely.

3rd person POV

Everyone screamed as the flames flooded towards them like a tsunami on a beach.

Skeppy and bad lay on the ground, holding one another. They were both coughing from all the smoke in their lungs, muttering their goodbyes, giving their final kisses to the other before saying their final goodbye and resting their eyes shut for the last time.

Techno stood in his small house, sitting in a chair sipping on a cup of water. Muttering his final goodbyes to those he lived, dead and alive before he was consumed by flames and warmth, taking in that final moment of pleasure before death.

Phil stood with his wife, fighting the zombies that had made it into the camp, the flames around them killing most. The lovers locked eyes before realizing it was too late. They decided it was already over. And they held hands when they walked into the flames, letting death take them that way.

Niki and Fundy were running to the walls, trying to get out. Niki was going to keep her silent promise to her friend and keep his son safe. Fundy let out a cry and he fell into the flame. Niki screamed his name, tears flooded from her eyes. She had failed. She failed Will and left the promise empty and broken. Niki sobbed before falling back into the flame, knowing she had nothing else to live for from this point on.

And Wilbur. He sat in his office manically laughing as he watched what he created burn, and eventually him with it.
~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 1010