18. soaked

The covers of his bed have been the perfect hideout for him. 

It's been a few days but Jimin feels like centuries have passed since that night. 

He doesn't know why he reacted like that, why he exploded in front of both of them but also thousands of people watching. 

He wasn't in his right mind, because if he was, he would've never done something like that. The embarrassment would eat away at him. And it's exactly like he imagined right now. 

He has never spent this much time in his bed. The warmth and comfortness of it is almost addicting - the perfect escape from everything. 

Hoseok had knocked on his door multiple times. He'd open the door slowly and speak soft words of encouragement to him like a mother speaking to his ill child. 

"Jiminie, Yoongi and I are going out for drinks, you coming?", he had asked him softly a few hours ago, his head peaking in the room and the kindest smile on his lips. 

"No, I don't feel like going out. You have fun though, hyung", Jimin had said, his voice muffled as his head was still under the covers. 

Hoseok opened his mouth to try and persuade him some more, but closed it right after, his eyes scanning the bed to get a glimpse of Jimin in order to calm his concern, but getting nothing. 

He didn't want to leave Jimin alone at a time like this. But Yoongi pressured him into going out. "Hoseok, I think all Jimin wants right now is to be alone", Yoongi had said with empathy painting his features. 

Hoseok had sighed and only nodded. 

"If you need anything, just call me, okay?"

Jimin poked his head out of the covers and faked a smile for Hoseok's sake, since he couldn't stand to see him so concerned about him, "I will, thank you."

Hoseok smiled back and closed the door after leaving. 

Jimin was grateful for his friends. He doesn't know what he'd do if he didn't have them. 

Even Jihyun had reached out to him. 

One time when Jimin was lazily walking through the halls towards his next class, Jihyun had called out on him from behind him. 

He turned around to see Jihyun running towards him. His eyes went wide and without waiting for him, he turned back around and kept walking in a faster pace. 

"Jimin! Hey, wait!", he shouted and ran after him until - to Jimin's disappointment - he was able to reach him. "Hey, um, are you... okay?", he says, slightly panting from running after him. 

Jimin sighs, not in the mood to talk to anyone, especially Jihyun, "Yeah, I'm fine. Uh, sorry I have to go", he started walking faster but Jihyun followed shortly after with a few long strides.

 "What happened? Why did you... run off? I thought you were into that-"

Jimin cuts him off with a hand as he also stops walking abruptly, "I don't want to talk about that. Now, please, I have a class to get to", he gave him a glare that could kill and walked off fast before he was able to utter another word. 

Jimin groans at the memory of it. 

He wished all of it was a dream. Just a bad nightmare that he would wake up from. 

He hasn't been able to sleep a lot, the thoughts in his head too loud for him to sleep peacefully. He hasn't been showering a lot either - his hair is all over the place, his skin getting dry, and the dark circles under his eyes growing more intense each day.