"She seems nice," Joe said putting his hand down and in his pocket

I could tell that made him uncomfortable but if I was being honest Ari was not the biggest fan of Joe. Especially since I had spiraled into whatever this depression was. She had never met him but only heard Selena and Miley talk about him at work. 

"Right, she's just kind of shy," I said trying to make an excuse for her behavior.

Joe and I watched as she began grinding on two different guys at the same time.

"Right, shy," Joe said quietly before putting his head down. 

I tried to change the subject.

"Uh, there's bottles," I said to him. "Do you want a drink?" I asked him knowing that it would spark his interest.

He shook his head.

"No I'm good. Is it okay if we go off somewhere by ourselves though and talk?" He asked me.

I nodded my head as we found our way outside by the pool where there was practically no one.

"Demi, I just want to start off by saying I am so sorry," I said. "I've made a lot of mistakes in my life but keeping anything from you was probably the biggest. I've had a lot of time to think about what's important to me and it's you and our baby," He said to me.

I bit my lip as I pulled my hair behind my ear.

"Dems, look," He said as he reached in his pocket and pulled out a ring. "Relax, it's not an engagement ring or anything. It's a promise ring. Whether you decide to come home or work this out with me or not I promise to always take care of you and our family no matter what," He said.

I looked up at him and couldn't help but be shocked yet so happy. 

I smiled as he put the ring on my finger and I kissed him like it was the first time all over again

I smiled as he put the ring on my finger and I kissed him like it was the first time all over again. I melted into him a popsicle in the hot Texas sun on the 4th of July. 

"I love you Joe," I said to him. 

"I love you too," He said back.

I smiled as I began to feel Skye kick. 

"Hey," I said grabbing his hand and placing it on my stomach. "Do you feel her moving?" I asked.

He smiled the biggest smile I've ever seen him make.

"Yes," He said. "And wait-," He paused. "You said her?" He asked me.

I grinned and nodded.

"Little Skye Jonas," I said with a smile.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a kiss. 

"I told you," He said.

I rolled my eyes playfully. 

"I know, I know," I said.

-

Soon we were saying goodbye to everyone and headed home. Where we both belonged.

-

I woke up the next morning as the sun began to peer in through the blinds. I remembered how good last night felt. I felt more okay than I had in a while. Joe made love to me like he never had before. I just knew it was going to be okay.

Then I rolled over and saw that I was laying alone.

Joe was no where to be found.

I gulped as I stood up and put my clothes on. I hurried back to my house and left in tears.

I couldn't believe that he had done that.

How could he have been so cruel?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, even I'm mad at him.