Chapter 30: Families, Friends and Exes

Start from the beginning

"I..I am fine. Are you okay? Why did you call? Are you in trouble?", Namjoon steps away from the car to make sure Jin does not end up hearing this conversation.

"Who says I have to be in trouble to call you? You have helped me so much. You are like a brother to me. I thought I could call you anyday", says the girl. Namjoon can already imagine a pout on her face, he chuckles, "Ofcourse you can call me anytime you want, Gahyeon! Tell me, how are you?"

"I am fine. Been able to keep away from police for about one month now. You must be proud", she laughs, "By the way, I called to tell you that I am visiting Seoul next week. I thought you might like to meet me".

"Meet you?", Namjoon chuckles, "Why don't you just say that you need a place to stay in Seoul and I seem like the best person for that? I promise, I won't mind. But why wouldn't you stay with that boyfriend of yours? He lives in Seoul right?"

"Yeah, but he lives with his family. So..you might be right. I do need help", her nervous laugh audible over the call.

"Hmm..you are welcome to stay with me but I don't want my boyfriend to know you exist. You will have to keep a low
profile. I hope you understand how important that is", Namjoon's voice is serious and authoritative.

"I do, Oppa. I will see you next week then?"

"Yes. Take care."

"Joon, how long?", Jin yells from inside the car.
"Yes, coming hyung!"

.......

"Since I don't have a lot of time, we will keep it short. You are the topper of Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology. Impressive!", Solar reads his resumé.

"Thank you ma'am", Jungkook smiles politely

"You worked in 5 projects at Kim Consolidated over the period of the few months. Great! So why did you leave?", she looks up from her laptop screen to face Jungkook.

"I..it..it was personal", he somehow manages to speak.

"Personal? I am sorry. I need to understand why someone would leave Kim Con. specially when it fits so well with your profile?"

Jungkook gulps hard, nervousness takes over his brain, "I..Well, it was a girlfriend that I had there. She worked with me in the IT department of KC. There was a breakup which led to an environment too toxic for me to work. I had to leave the company to stay away from my ex", he lies.

"Ah..I see", Solar responds, "I hope you know that this reason isn't mature enough to leave a company like that. This makes you sound like a heartbroken teenager", she adds with mockery in her voice.